Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Drum Removal?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
ydna
Would someone be kind enough to tell me how to remove the rear brake drum. I flicked the cover off the hub only to find a three piece hub nut with a strange looking locking washer. Do i need to remove these in order to remove the drum or am i barking up the wrong tree? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
delboy
i think it's a 32 mm nut so you need a socket that size.
undo the middle nut & tap the hub off as they bind on so use a hammer to loosen it up
nickdando
[quote name='delboy' date='18 March 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1268932342' post='72297']
i think it's a 32 mm nut so you need a socket that size.
undo the middle nut & tap the hub off as they bind on so use a hammer to loosen it up
[/quote]

Better to use a wooden mallet as the brake drum is made of cast iron and could shatter if hit with a hammer.

Nick
ydna
The hub nut is in three pieces, three thin nuts(about 5 mm thick) held together by a strange looking cage or lockwasher . Do i undo the whole thing as one unit or does the lockwasher have to be removed first? Thanks for the help!

Full Colour Version: Brake Drum Removal?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615