Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Ever Driving Song
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
ford focus edge
Calling all ages, types and genders whats your absoulte fave driving tune!

The sun is shining and its time to get the windows down and dust of the cd's for a good blasting so what are you all going to be pressing the repeat button on?

Mike
aph1101
Erm, my favourite driving song of all time (about 8 weeks :P ) is Starry Eyed by Ellie Goulding :D Absolute tune!
vinnyvangough
Shook me all night long - ACDC

Really gets the speed up though
Gazjs
Take a listen to Dizzee Rascal - Road radge .. could be a good driving song :lol:
I may add do not listen to if easily offended.
fiesta_lad
[quote name='Gazjs' date='17 March 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1268865538' post='72164']
Take a listen to Dizzee Rascal - Road radge .. could be a good driving song :lol:
[/quote]

Dizzee rascal bonkers or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le0_Pkmu5Nw what a tune.
Michael P
[quote name='aph1101' date='17 March 2010 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1268858569' post='72117']
Erm, my favourite driving song of all time (about 8 weeks :P ) is Starry Eyed by Ellie Goulding :D Absolute tune!
[/quote]

Oh Alex no no no !!

Erm, well, my favourite at the mo would have to be Dog Days by Florence and the Machine, but there are many driving songs!!!

Something with good bass is always a gooden. I will be making a playlist for the summer for my road trip which i WILL go on!!
SteveThePirate
Pendulum - Hold your colour. Its a beaut song to have when the sun is shining through the windows and you got a cool breeze coming from the fans.
ford focus edge
When im on my own its http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc1sgCT7X2c orr http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVxsB5oNiTw

My mates hate all that sorta stuff so when ive got a car full its usually things like Push ~ The Legacy or children by robert myles

Mike
Michael P
[quote name='SteveThePirate' date='18 March 2010 - 09:56 AM' timestamp='1268905604' post='72227']
Pendulum - Hold your colour. Its a beaut song to have when the sun is shining through the windows and you got a cool breeze coming from the fans.
[/quote]

Windows open is the way forward!!

Just whackon a new cd and spend an hour and a bit enjoying yourself :)
vinnyvangough
Pink Floyd is and always will be the best band ever.
SteveThePirate
[quote name='Michael P' date='18 March 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1268907902' post='72235']
Windows open is the way forward!!

Just whackon a new cd and spend an hour and a bit enjoying yourself :)
[/quote]

Naaa Fans ftw. windows just blow my hair all over my face, very hard to drive with that.

Ipod is better, you can have all sorts of music and not the rubbishy songs you find cds filled with
aph1101
[quote name='Michael P' date='18 March 2010 - 12:40 AM' timestamp='1268872226' post='72193']
Oh Alex no no no !!

Erm, well, my favourite at the mo would have to be Dog Days by Florence and the Machine, but there are many driving songs!!!

Something with good bass is always a gooden. I will be making a playlist for the summer for my road trip which i WILL go on!!
[/quote]

Shush!! Nowt wrong with a bit of ellie goulding!

Good choice with florence there... she's awesome :)
AndrewL
Not really my favourite songs, but my favourite songs whilst in the car are:
Propane Nightmares - Pendulum
Ghosts N Stuff - Deadmau5
Our Velocity - Maximo Park
Map Of The Problematique - Muse

If I'm feeling a bit flowery:
Forever is Over - The Saturdays
Fame Monster - Gaga (whole album's excellent) :blink:
thesilverfox
I am fortunate enough to be able to source from about 1600 albums (!), so picking out just one or two songs is always very difficult for me.

However, I can usually pick out one or two that seem to make it on to an MP3 CD, or my MP3 player:

My Favourite Game - The Cardigans
Under the Weather - Feeder
Getaway - The Music
Clubbed to Death (Kuryamino [sp?] Remix) - Rob D
Tyrant - The Bravery
Numerous Chemical Brothers/Crystal Method tracks

Some recent delights:

Suburban Knights - Hard Fi (just listen to it ... from Forza 3)
My Friend John - The Fratellis (also Forza 3)
Extreme Ways - Moby

I could go on and on ... but I'd better not!
Michael P
[quote name='thesilverfox' date='19 March 2010 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1269016409' post='72495']
I am fortunate enough to be able to source from about 1600 albums (!), so picking out just one or two songs is always very difficult for me.

However, I can usually pick out one or two that seem to make it on to an MP3 CD, or my MP3 player:

My Favourite Game - The Cardigans
Under the Weather - Feeder
Getaway - The Music
Clubbed to Death (Kuryamino [sp?] Remix) - Rob D
Tyrant - The Bravery
Numerous Chemical Brothers/Crystal Method tracks

Some recent delights:

Suburban Knights - Hard Fi (just listen to it ... from Forza 3)
My Friend John - The Fratellis (also Forza 3)
Extreme Ways - Moby

I could go on and on ... but I'd better not!
[/quote]

Oh i like you more now!!

The Cardigans! Crikey, lurve that track.
thesilverfox
[quote name='Michael P' date='19 March 2010 - 06:28 PM' timestamp='1269022731' post='72544']
Oh i like you more now!!

The Cardigans! Crikey, lurve that track.
[/quote]

What have I done to deserve not being liked in the first place? Actually, don't answer that ... !
Crieffy
Hard to pick one favourite, but The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die is always good. Also ZZ Top - La Grange, and Rammstein - Amerika are good uns.
Michael P
[quote name='thesilverfox' date='20 March 2010 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1269106113' post='72760']
What have I done to deserve not being liked in the first place? Actually, don't answer that ... !
[/quote]
Noo i liked you before, but i like you even more now!!! :lol:
thesilverfox
[quote name='Michael P' date='21 March 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1269130842' post='72851']
[/quote]

I'm starting to feel that maybe I should be worried ... !
Gazjs
[quote name='Michael P' date='21 March 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1269130842' post='72851']
[/quote]

[quote name='thesilverfox' date='21 March 2010 - 11:07 AM' timestamp='1269169064' post='72885']
I'm starting to feel that maybe I should be worried ... !
[/quote]
:wub:
Michael P
This is getting a little wierd now!!

BASICALLY you like good music. end of!!! :lol: :lol:
vinnyvangough
Just for Michael and Silver Fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo
Michael P
[quote name='vinnyvangough' date='21 March 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1269180564' post='72928']

[/quote]
You horrid man!!

Away with you and your Devon ways! :lol:
ford focus edge
"your once, twice, three time my fave focus driver" sings mike p before he goes to sleep at night :P

Mike
Michael P
Argh!!!

I don't even catch that bus, how did it end up like this?!?!
aph1101
[quote name='vinnyvangough' date='21 March 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1269180564' post='72928']

[/quote]

;) :lol: :lol:
Michael P
Boo hiss, this is cyber bullying!!!
AndrewL
[quote name='Michael P' date='21 March 2010 - 03:09 PM' timestamp='1269183562' post='72960']
Argh!!!

I don't even catch that bus, how did it end up like this?!?!
[/quote]

You'll have to catch that bus when your MK4 blows up! :D
Michael P
I didn't mean an actual bus you oaf!!

Any my MK4 is doing well actually!!!
AndrewL
Yes I know you didn't mean an actual bus - I'm not devoid of all intelligence Mike, just most of it! :D

My boredom threshold today is well and truly crossed. I feel like driving to the beach or something... Hmm.
ford focus edge
[quote name='AndrewL' date='21 March 2010 - 04:49 PM' timestamp='1269189596' post='72986']
Yes I know you didn't mean an actual bus - I'm not devoid of all intelligence Mike, just most of it! :D

My boredom threshold today is well and truly crossed. I feel like driving to the beach or something... Hmm.
[/quote]

Join the crew so far today ive polished the car and then went to show it off at oulton park i was that bored only downside was i parked it next to my dads monster and got outclassed :( hate having a 1.6

Mike
Michael P
[quote name='AndrewL' date='21 March 2010 - 04:49 PM' timestamp='1269189596' post='72986']

[/quote]

I too feel like driving somewhere, but that burns petrol and petrol burns my wallet.

It feels like i've gone through a rough divorce and the car is the child i never really wanted but my bitch of a now-ex-wife forced me into having :(
fiesta_lad
Another favourite driveing song http://www.youtube.com/user/florencemachine?blend=1&ob=4
AndrewL
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='21 March 2010 - 04:52 PM' timestamp='1269189752' post='72987']
Join the crew so far today ive polished the car and then went to show it off at oulton park i was that bored only downside was i parked it next to my dads monster and got outclassed :( hate having a 1.6

Mike
[/quote]

Sounds like a great day! I took my sisters kids to the park and reminded myself of how much I hate soceity these days... and now I'm contemplating a few hours of tv!

[quote name='Michael P' date='21 March 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1269191724' post='72997']
I too feel like driving somewhere, but that burns petrol and petrol burns my wallet.

It feels like i've gone through a rough divorce and the car is the child i never really wanted but my bitch of a now-ex-wife forced me into having :(
[/quote]

Maybe we should go on a FOC roadtrip sometime to the beach!? Could split the petty money that way between whoever goes.
Michael P
I am going to plan something in the summer time, some time in August for a mini trip :)
ford focus edge
[quote name='AndrewL' date='21 March 2010 - 05:42 PM' timestamp='1269192741' post='73002']
Sounds like a great day! I took my sisters kids to the park and reminded myself of how much I hate soceity these days... and now I'm contemplating a few hours of tv!

Maybe we should go on a FOC roadtrip sometime to the beach!? Could split the petty money that way between whoever goes.
[/quote]

Ahhhh a fellow sociopath who hates the moders soceity of idiots and prats.

[quote name='Michael P' date='21 March 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1269195039' post='73021']
I am going to plan something in the summer time, some time in August for a mini trip :)
[/quote]

How come there are no meets in the north :(
thesilverfox
Looks like I was a bit late coming back to the party - been out with the GF helping her look for cars ...

A3 - overpriced and dull.
Leon TDI FR - quick, but POS inside
307 CC - cheap
Civic - beautiful in every way (I was stunned)

Aaaaanyway ... back on topic, anyone?
alisa
When I drive generally I prefer rocking songs.It make me feel active.My favouirte pp star's song i.e.Michael Jackson.I enjoy his songs at the time when i drive.
ford focus edge
[quote name='thesilverfox' date='22 March 2010 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1269219197' post='73155']
Looks like I was a bit late coming back to the party - been out with the GF helping her look for cars ...

A3 - overpriced and dull.
Leon TDI FR - quick, but POS inside
307 CC - cheap
Civic - beautiful in every way (I was stunned)

Aaaaanyway ... back on topic, anyone?
[/quote]

Astra sporthatch sri?

Mike
thesilverfox
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='29 March 2010 - 09:39 AM' timestamp='1269851385' post='74712']
Astra sporthatch sri?

Mike
[/quote]

I mentioned Vauxhall (sadly) and much to my delight, she said she'd rather walk to work. (she's a keeper, this one!)

Other songs that popped into my head after 500 miles over the weekend:

Fire - Kasabian
Granite - Pendulum (sudden urge to turn the music up with this one ... )
Spite and Malice - Placebo
ford focus edge
[quote name='thesilverfox' date='29 March 2010 - 09:56 AM' timestamp='1269852409' post='74719']
I mentioned Vauxhall (sadly) and much to my delight, she said she'd rather walk to work. (she's a keeper, this one!)

Other songs that popped into my head after 500 miles over the weekend:

Fire - Kasabian
Granite - Pendulum (sudden urge to turn the music up with this one ... )
Spite and Malice - Placebo
[/quote]

Lucky!! mine wants a 2003ishh black corsa sxi :( i threatned to leave her n she just said that was a futher insentive to buy one. Hate her

What about a corolla t-sport or compressor(one of the fastest and rarest hot hatches u can get) or is that a tad fuddy duddy.

This Aint A Love Song - Scouting For Girls
Tinie Tempah - Pass Out
Jason Derulo - In My Head

Few of my new faves

Mike

Full Colour Version: Favorite Ever Driving Song
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615