Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Midlands Area Meet Discussion (All Areas Welcome)
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Ford Owners Club Meets & Regional Discussion > Midlands
DanGull
Greetings to all on FOC - especially those in the Midlands area and those who've attended the Watford Gap meets from the South East...

I suggest it's time we organise another meet - and the most success we've had has always come from a good discussion on Chatzy.

As a result, I suggest that this coming Sunday evening - the 21st of March - at around 8pm is a good chance for a discussion, as in days gone by Sunday evenings have been the busiest evenings in the Chatzy Fiesta room.

Hope to see plenty of faces there!
Michael P
As said before, i'm well up for this.

Only thing is with the job i've applied for, it's on sundays!!! I would have Saturdays off and i dont' work until 6.00 at the mo, so i might be suggesting a Saturday meet.....
greenymk7
i will be there, got a few ideas for areas around here
Michael P
[quote name='greenymk7' date='18 March 2010 - 10:09 AM' timestamp='1268906348' post='72230']
i will be there, got a few ideas for areas around here
[/quote]
Same :) not sure if people would be willing to travel to my places though!! :(
Jack_P
My great idea of megiuars day in dav is now out the window, all booked up this year and will be taking bookings for november10-march-11 :(

Will discuss the area on sunday still though :)
AndrewL
I'll be there on Sunday. Are we pushing for a new meeting location this time?
Jack_P
Yeah we can do ? If people are game in thinking keeping it near to where it was then the next junction down has a good sized pub car park where TVR meets have been held so that over a service station?
Michael P
To be honest, a pub would be nice :)

Something perhaps a bit later also, so even if i am working on the sunday (if my job changes) they'res a slight slimmer that i may be able to make it....for 6.00pm mind!!!!!
Nug878
Saturdays would be the worst day for me. Work every Saturday 11-8, and it's not like I can swap the day because it's the busiest day of the week on our department. :lol:

Sundays are just spare days for me as I never do anything on them. Fridays I'm also off from work.

Distance won't be a problem for me (obviously I won't be going as far as Scotland but I can manage quite a bit of mileage now I got a diseasel. :D
Michael P
I feel some "healthy, lively discussion" is on the way!!

That, or i'm going to have to miss the meets :(
Nug878
[quote name='Michael P' date='21 March 2010 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1269172338' post='72902']
I feel some "healthy, lively discussion" is on the way!!

That, or i'm going to have to miss the meets :(
[/quote]

Can't happen Mr. Parr. I need a fellow "odd one out" with me! :lol:
Michael P
[quote name='Nug878' date='21 March 2010 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1269181544' post='72944']
Can't happen Mr. Parr. I need a fellow "odd one out" with me! :lol:
[/quote]

I know! Us peasants need to stick together!!
fiesta_lad
This Chatzy chatroom do you log into it with the same details has you do on this forum or do i have to set up new account.
Michael P
[quote name='fiesta_lad' date='21 March 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1269187455' post='72972']
This Chatzy chatroom do you log into it with the same details has you do on this forum or do i have to set up new account.
[/quote]
Click the link in the thread on the Fiesta forum (one of the sticky threads)

You need to create a screen name (mine is Michael P)

Password is "Fiesta" (with a capital F)

Once you're on there you'll see the chat, click the bottom right button that says something like "join chat"
fiesta_lad
[quote name='Michael P' date='21 March 2010 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1269187641' post='72976']
Click the link in the thread on the Fiesta forum (one of the sticky threads)

You need to create a screen name (mine is Michael P)

Password is "Fiesta" (with a capital F)

Once you're on there you'll see the chat, click the bottom right button that says something like "join chat"
[/quote]

Cheers mike just had a little look my name is fiesta_lad on so its all in at 8pm 2night.
Scarlett_pixie
Hiya All :D

I'm new , I'm Hari I have a Streetka called Neville lol :P

Looking forward to a few meets :D

So Hiiiii...
LoneWolf
Hi all

Been having a think " in my case thats bad so im told" but i was having a chat with a mate who owned a MG and was part of the MG owners club, They did a road run through the Peak district stopped at a pub for a drink and some food then set back off to the start point in a round trip. JW if this could be something worth doing ???

only a thought

Lonewolf
Jad
Hi I'm jad new hi to all
LoneWolf
Any meets planned for this year at all???
DanGull
There's been talk of a meet at the start of August. Flic is in charge of this one.

[url="http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/24682-summer-meet-anyone/page__p__133895__fromsearch__1#entry133895"]Link to her thread[/url]
LoneWolf
[quote name='DanGull' timestamp='1310373848' post='135378']
There's been talk of a meet at the start of August. Flic is in charge of this one.

[url="http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/24682-summer-meet-anyone/page__p__133895__fromsearch__1#entry133895"]Link to her thread[/url]
[/quote]

Cheers Dan not sure if i can make that one but will give it ago

have you every thought about a road run dan? all fords meet drive through country etc?
DanGull
I think a few members did something similar a while back - seems like a great idea to me.
LoneWolf
[quote name='DanGull' timestamp='1310376159' post='135388']
I think a few members did something similar a while back - seems like a great idea to me.
[/quote]

Was thinking along the lines of a road run and poss a BBQ some where or something for charity "charity is poss a long shot" Let me know your thoughts dan willing to help organise.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.