Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Failure
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
D J Hilton
I have an X-reg Focus 1.8 LX with air con.

Whilst driving to work this morning (Friday 19th March), the heater fan suddenly packed in working and will not work on any setting.

I switched the air con button on (although I never use it in winter) to see if this made a difference and no light came on.

This has never happened before, and just asking anyone out there what I need to do to fix it.

Could it just be the fuse or is it something else?

I'd appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks
fiesta_lad
[quote name='D J Hilton' date='20 March 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1269044197' post='72653']
I have an X-reg Focus 1.8 LX with air con.

Whilst driving to work this morning (Friday 19th March), the heater fan suddenly packed in working and will not work on any setting.

I switched the air con button on (although I never use it in winter) to see if this made a difference and no light came on.

This has never happened before, and just asking anyone out there what I need to do to fix it.

Could it just be the fuse or is it something else?

I'd appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks
[/quote]

Can't answer your question but welcome to foc you don't live far from me.
Knight Focus
I would check the fuse first, just to take that out of the equation.

Mike
D J Hilton
[quote name='fiesta_lad' date='20 March 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1269044478' post='72656']
Can't answer your question but welcome to foc you don't live far from me.
[/quote]

Thanks.

I used to have a Fiesta too before the Focus as well. :)
Nug878
Firstly welcome to the club. :)

As said before try the fuse first, it's always the first and cheapest solution for problems like that for me so give that a try first I'd say.

I can't see it being a loose connection behind the fan switch because of the air-con failing as well.
D J Hilton
[quote name='Nug878' date='21 March 2010 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1269170850' post='72892']
Firstly welcome to the club. :)

As said before try the fuse first, it's always the first and cheapest solution for problems like that for me so give that a try first I'd say.

I can't see it being a loose connection behind the fan switch because of the air-con failing as well.
[/quote]

Just checked the fuse, and that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I bet this is going to cost a fortune to fix :angry:

My dad (who also has a Focus - a 53-plate TDCi Zetec) is trying to have a look at it though.

It now makes me now wonder if I should now part-ex it or sell it for scrap as a last resort.
D J Hilton
Got it fixed! :)

It turned out the heater switch had gone kaput. Got one from a Ford garage for just 20.

Only thing now is, the radio will now need to be re-coded.... :(

Full Colour Version: Heater Failure
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.