Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 18" Wheels
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Wheels & Tyres
DeeBe
Hi folks.

Just wondering if I was to buy some Focus ST replica wheels, would they fit my Focus Zetec Climate? I know the 5x108 stud pattern is correct, but the offset is where I'm stumped. I believe my offset is 38-42 but the wheels I'm looking at are 52.5 so I'm unsure what this means as I cannt fathom offset!

Thank you. Dave.
thesilverfox
[quote name='DeeBe' date='23 March 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1269384382' post='73618']
Hi folks.

Just wondering if I was to buy some Focus ST replica wheels, would they fit my Focus Zetec Climate? I know the 5x108 stud pattern is correct, but the offset is where I'm stumped. I believe my offset is 38-42 but the wheels I'm looking at are 52.5 so I'm unsure what this means as I cannt fathom offset!

Thank you. Dave.
[/quote]

I have 18" Ford alloys and noted that while the tyres that are on them are the same as the ST alloys (225/40/18), the alloy itself is about 1" narrower I think. The ST has a different rack, and thus a different turning circle. If you are to fit the ST alloys for example, I recall reading that some sort of spacer stops them rubbing. Ask the Ford Parts chap on this forum is my advice.
DeeBe
Thanks for the reply silverfox. I think I'll be leaving that well alone then, doesn't seem worth the hassle.
thesilverfox
[quote name='DeeBe' date='24 March 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1269463032' post='73753']
Thanks for the reply silverfox. I think I'll be leaving that well alone then, doesn't seem worth the hassle.
[/quote]

There are standard size 17" Ford alloys that look a lot like the ST wheels that might be worth a look (MKII). If you are not mainly on the motorway, 18's can be a little harsh at times!
DeeBe
I can imagine, obviously a lack of tyre wall will make it a bit harder. I'm struggling to find many OEM wheels tbh!
thesilverfox
[quote name='DeeBe' date='24 March 2010 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1269472020' post='73789']
I can imagine, obviously a lack of tyre wall will make it a bit harder. I'm struggling to find many OEM wheels tbh!
[/quote]

You probably won't. Most are for the 4-stud MKI. The Ford alloys are best imo (made by Ronal).
DeeBe
I bought them (8x18") and they went straight on, no rubbing lock-to-lock. Phew!!!

Full Colour Version: 18" Wheels
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615