Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo Tdci 2.0 Not Starting
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
steve mull
Hi Guys,

And my first post !!

I have just "aquired" a mondeo estate 58, plate TDCI, that is an insurance write off
Problem is, it was viewed about a month ago and was running, yet on delivery to me, IT DOES NOT

it turns over, everything else is working, so what is wrong ??

we suspected the fuel shut off valve, but Ford say's its not got one
The immobiliser is a possible
The Glow light comes on for about a 10th of a second, and goes out, so to me that is to quick to heat up
can i power the glows by hot wirieng them ??? just to discont that problem

Any other bright idea's

Regards

Steve
hillmangimp
has the fuel filter been changed recently? These can be difficult to start if the fuel filter is changed and the new one is not soaked in diesel prior to refitting.
mk3
[quote name='steve mull' date='25 March 2010 - 07:14 PM' timestamp='1269543851' post='73954']
Hi Guys,

And my first post !!

I have just "aquired" a mondeo estate 58, plate TDCI, that is an insurance write off
Problem is, it was viewed about a month ago and was running, yet on delivery to me, IT DOES NOT

it turns over, everything else is working, so what is wrong ??

we suspected the fuel shut off valve, but Ford say's its not got one
The immobiliser is a possible
The Glow light comes on for about a 10th of a second, and goes out, so to me that is to quick to heat up
can i power the glows by hot wirieng them ??? just to discont that problem

Any other bright idea's

Regards

Steve
[/quote]
mk3
Hi, just a possible it could be the cam sensor, i had the same problem on mks tdci 02, towed it to garage and he put it on the diagnostic machine and fault came up cam sensor, replaced it andf it started first time , part cost 42.00 from ford, just a guess, good luck

Full Colour Version: Mondeo Tdci 2.0 Not Starting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.