Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not Sure If My Ford Fiesta Has A Radio Key Code
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Audio & Electronics
Bill Wexford
Hi,
I'm thinking of replacing the radio/cassette unit in my 1998 Ford Fiesta with something contemporary. I am wondering about radio codes. This is because a year or so ago the battery was stolen(!) from the car. After I had replaced it, there was no subsequent problem with the radio 'locking' or anything like that.

I bought the vehicle second hand, and do not know what the radio code is, if it indeed exists. I am a bit concerned that on buying and fitting a new unit, I may find (unlike when replacing the battery), that I will be asked for a code.

Do all 1998 Ford Fiestas have radio codes and will I need one if I replace the current unit? And, if so, does anyone have any thoughts about why I didn't need one to reset the radio after I replaced the battery?

Thanks.

Bill
mintalkin
on some radios the locking code function can be switch off or on which might be the case with your radio, a new radio will only need a code if its a ford radio,but it should come with the required code. most after market radios do not need a code.
Bill Wexford
[quote name='mintalkin' date='01 April 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1270155596' post='75570']
most after market radios do not need a code.
[/quote]

Great, thanks for that Mintalkin - information much appreciated. Bill

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.