Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help With Alloys And Car Swap
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Wheels & Tyres
skysky
HI

I have currently a fiesta zetec s, with spoke alloys 2002 model.

I needed a bigger car and more economical so I bought a second hand focus 1.8 TDCi 2002 last night

but I prefer the alloys on my fiesta, can I put the fiesta alloys and wheels on the focus ? and the focus wheels on the fiesta ?

focus size is 195/60/R15
Fiesta Size is 195/50/R15

Im sorry if its a dumb question but Im not really knowledgeable about tyres !
Gazjs
I am not sure on the alloy fitment of the 2. But that is the tyre dimensions and this will not help. I am sure someone in the know will help you out though :D
DeeBe
Not good I'm afraid. The wheels should physically fit, but will look lost in the Focus's (Focai?) arches. The original size on the Focus of 195/60/15 has a circumference of 76.1 inches, and going to 195/50/15 will give a circumference of 71.2 inches, giving a speedometer error of +6.8%. Speedometers usually over-read anyway (they say 70mph, but is usually 64ph-ish) so it will knock your speedo out by a further 6.8%, making it unreliable.

Simply change the tyres from the focus wheels over to the fiesta wheels, and there should be no problems! :)

Full Colour Version: Help With Alloys And Car Swap
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615