Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Con
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
bottletree
Should the air con come on automatic when i switch the engine on? In other cars i owned i pressed the air con button to come on, but in this car i have to press the switch off. Surely it should be in the off position until I decide I want the air con?? :huh:
top banana
[quote name='bottletree' date='26 March 2010 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1269639423' post='74229']
Should the air con come on automatic when i switch the engine on? In other cars i owned i pressed the air con button to come on, but in this car i have to press the switch off. Surely it should be in the off position until I decide I want the air con?? :huh:
[/quote]

Mine only comes on automatically from starting engine if blowers are set to windscreen only. Otherwise I have to manually switch air con on.
Hope this helps for you.
bottletree
I always have the blower on the windscreen one. I will try a different setting and see if it stays off.Cheers for that.
Neil Layton
Hi, newer models of ford focus, you cannot turn the air con off automatically, it is built in to the software, asked several Ford garages and all have said it cannot be turned off.
jeebowhite
Yeah, I find on my 55 ZC, the air con comes on if the temperature is set to cold, and, the blower is on blower one or more. don't think it comes on if its on warm.
artscot79
[quote name='jeebowhite' date='29 May 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1275160037' post='83573']
Yeah, I find on my 55 ZC, the air con comes on if the temperature is set to cold, and, the blower is on blower one or more. don't think it comes on if its on warm.
[/quote]

souns like its normal to me you just have to adjust the dial as said you may also notice that when you start the aircon it blows through the footwell vents first regardless of the setting at least my old vw did this is to prevent any condensation from the vents being blasted into youre face or onto the window
mattie2k10
Fords have a system called quick clear, if the blowers are set to the windscreen then it will automatically turn on, if you turn the blowers to your face and turn the aircon off, when you turn it back to the windscreen the aircon will automatically turn back on, hope this helps. Matt

Full Colour Version: Air Con
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.