Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mot Advise
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
Charlotte BFC
[font="Palatino Linotype"][/font]

Hi, I own a Ford KA W reg and my MOT is due but I have a few problems that I think may cause it to fail,

1: I cannot open any of my doors from the outside including my boot, the key will just not turn at all and I have even snaped one of my keys(luckly I had my spare)

2: My right indicator come on when I brake even after chaging the bulb

3: The power steering went so after topping the steering fluid up it now works fine but has started whining everytime I turn the wheel

My car is only worth under 1000 so I wouldnt want to pay a lot to pass its MOT, what would be the best thing I could do??
artscot79
[quote name='Charlotte BFC' date='27 March 2010 - 03:43 PM' timestamp='1269703995' post='74372']

Hi, I own a Ford KA W reg and my MOT is due but I have a few problems that I think may cause it to fail,

1: I cannot open any of my doors from the outside including my boot, the key will just not turn at all and I have even snaped one of my keys(luckly I had my spare)

2: My right indicator come on when I brake even after chaging the bulb

3: The power steering went so after topping the steering fluid up it now works fine but has started whining everytime I turn the wheel

My car is only worth under 1000 so I wouldnt want to pay a lot to pass its MOT, what would be the best thing I could do??
[/quote]

the indicator is an earth fault more than likely checking all the wires from whichever end it ids would be the first step as long as the door can be opened from the handle its fine either the pumps on its way out or the fact youve topped up suggests a possible leak if its leaking at the steering rack its a fail and a new racks needed

Full Colour Version: Mot Advise
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615