Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phone Compatability ?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Wizz
I'm looking at Touchscreen phones for my car to use with Ford's bluetooth system.

The phone I like shows only partial compatibility on Call Handling.
It says it "Automatic call answering is not supported"

What do they mean by that ???

Do they mean I have to answer incoming calls on the phone...........or can I still use the stalk controls ??

Anyone help ?
ford focus edge
[quote name='Wizz' date='28 March 2010 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1269775220' post='74508']
I'm looking at Touchscreen phones for my car to use with Ford's bluetooth system.

The phone I like shows only partial compatibility on Call Handling.
It says it "Automatic call answering is not supported"

What do they mean by that ???

Do they mean I have to answer incoming calls on the phone...........or can I still use the stalk controls ??

Anyone help ?
[/quote]

Does it day on the phone auto call answering is not supported or the car, if its just the phone i dont think its much to worry about just means when u revece a call it wont automatically answer it you need to answer the call via whatever means you do normally. Personally mate id just get my mate to ring me or someone and have a play about with the settings etc.

Mike
Wizz
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='28 March 2010 - 04:30 PM' timestamp='1269793259' post='74569']
Does it day on the phone auto call answering is not supported or the car, if its just the phone i dont think its much to worry about just means when u revece a call it wont automatically answer it you need to answer the call via whatever means you do normally. Personally mate id just get my mate to ring me or someone and have a play about with the settings etc.

Mike
[/quote]

They're saying the phone.
But using my current old SE T610, if a call comes in, it rings, and I press a button on the steering wheel stalk to answer it.........and press the same button to disconnect the call at the end.
So, I've never seen auto call answering anyway............... just didn't want to have to reach for a button on the phone.
ford focus edge
[quote name='Wizz' date='28 March 2010 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1269795119' post='74577']
They're saying the phone.
But using my current old SE T610, if a call comes in, it rings, and I press a button on the steering wheel stalk to answer it.........and press the same button to disconnect the call at the end.
So, I've never seen auto call answering anyway............... just didn't want to have to reach for a button on the phone.
[/quote]

I've got a aftermarket sony system and that works brilliantly with my blackberry i think yours will work it might just be a bit tempermental isnt there a button on the actual stero unit to answer calls not just the steering wheel you might have to use that insted i doubt youl need to press the button on the phone though

Mike
Wizz
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='28 March 2010 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1269795810' post='74581']
I've got a aftermarket sony system and that works brilliantly with my blackberry i think yours will work it might just be a bit tempermental isnt there a button on the actual stero unit to answer calls not just the steering wheel you might have to use that insted i doubt youl need to press the button on the phone though

Mike
[/quote]

Yes there is a button on the stereo, in fact there are two, one green and one red............ presumably to take/end calls.
I think the one on the stalk would have the same effect as the ones on the stereo......... at least that's what I hope........ don't have to take a hand off the wheel to use that.

The Ford phone compatibility internet page doesn't go back as far as my SE T610 unfortunately, so I have no way of knowing which features it supports........ if you know what I mean.
ford focus edge
[quote name='Wizz' date='29 March 2010 - 09:50 AM' timestamp='1269852030' post='74715']
Yes there is a button on the stereo, in fact there are two, one green and one red............ presumably to take/end calls.
I think the one on the stalk would have the same effect as the ones on the stereo......... at least that's what I hope........ don't have to take a hand off the wheel to use that.

The Ford phone compatibility internet page doesn't go back as far as my SE T610 unfortunately, so I have no way of knowing which features it supports........ if you know what I mean.
[/quote]

My pre-historic sony headunit works fully with my brand new blackberry 9700 bold as an mp3 adaptor all sorts lol so yeah i know what you mean chances are it will work just might not stream music to it chances are it will all work sit in the car and have a fiddle whats what id do.

Mike
Wizz
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='29 March 2010 - 08:59 AM' timestamp='1269852564' post='74720']
My pre-historic sony headunit works fully with my brand new blackberry 9700 bold as an mp3 adaptor all sorts lol so yeah i know what you mean chances are it will work just might not stream music to it chances are it will all work sit in the car and have a fiddle whats what id do.

Mike
[/quote]

I've just gone mad and bought an iPhone 3Gs.........not had chance yet to pair it with the car.

What decided me was that I rang up the salesman who sold me the car, and he told me that he used an iPhone, as did most of the guys there, and that it was the only phone
that would talk to any of the latest Ford models.

Apparently, the Focus is the least troublesome, but for reasons hard to understand, some Fiesta's, not all, can have problems getting the bluetooth system to work..... on a car by car basis...except
the iPhone seems to work on them all, with little trouble.

Now you would think listening to me that I was an Apple fanboy, but nothing is farther from the truth. I wouldn't have a Mac within 50 yards of my house, but if their phone is that good in the car....I'll take it.
thesilverfox
[quote name='Wizz' date='30 March 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1269971823' post='75050']
I've just gone mad and bought an iPhone 3Gs.........not had chance yet to pair it with the car.

What decided me was that I rang up the salesman who sold me the car, and he told me that he used an iPhone, as did most of the guys there, and that it was the only phone
that would talk to any of the latest Ford models.

Apparently, the Focus is the least troublesome, but for reasons hard to understand, some Fiesta's, not all, can have problems getting the bluetooth system to work..... on a car by car basis...except
the iPhone seems to work on them all, with little trouble.

Now you would think listening to me that I was an Apple fanboy, but nothing is farther from the truth. I wouldn't have a Mac within 50 yards of my house, but if their phone is that good in the car....I'll take it.
[/quote]

In my Focus, I have used five different phones (3x Samsung, 1x Sony Ericsson, 1x Nokia) all 100% perfect.

I however, feel resigned to an iPhone soon too, as all the accessories that are any good, are available for the iPhone and not for many others :( I hate Apple products too (overpriced), but the likes of the HTC Hero just don't have the same accessories kicking about.
ford focus edge
I dont think ford would design a system that can only work with the s**t brick that is the iphone. My sony headunit is about 2rs old now if not more and the stero its self is older still and it works perfectly with everyphone me and my mates have had and it only cost me 130 quid.

Ford charge double that for bluetooth and usb connection and yet it dosent seem to work a rip of? maybe.

Mike

Full Colour Version: Phone Compatability ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615