Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedo Drive
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
HeadShoT2009
Hi and thanks in advance. My 51 plate 1.6 zetec se focus every so often the speedo stops working but had only been doing it on motorway journeys so it didn't bother me too much but now it's started doing it in town and where I live there is alot of speed cameras so u need to no ur speed any ive been told it could be the speedo drive so I am thinkng of changing it but don't no where it is any othe sugestions are welcome aswell
CAR PARTS EXPRESS
its a sensor and will be on top of the gear box
Neilc
[quote name='HeadShoT2009' date='30 March 2010 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1269933892' post='74935']
Hi and thanks in advance. My 51 plate 1.6 zetec se focus every so often the speedo stops working but had only been doing it on motorway journeys so it didn't bother me too much but now it's started doing it in town and where I live there is alot of speed cameras so u need to no ur speed any ive been told it could be the speedo drive so I am thinkng of changing it but don't no where it is any othe sugestions are welcome aswell
[/quote]

Yes Its down the back of the engine/gearbox first remove the wiring plug to leave the VSS in full view, There is a silve pin/clip which holds it in place it needs to be pulled out towards the drivers side, be very careful they tend to break off then you are in trouble!! I broke mine off then had to go to the local garage who put the car on there lift to work from below and they managed to weld a piece on to what was left of the pin and eventually wriggled the pin out. New one's on auction sites tend to come with/without the clip. Replacement is straightforward.

Hope this helps

Neil
HeadShoT2009
Do you have to clea the shiny bit(which i'm guesing is the pick up) befor installing, i only mean wipe the finger prints of
Neilc
[quote name='HeadShoT2009' date='31 March 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1270069813' post='75328']
Do you have to clea the shiny bit(which i'm guesing is the pick up) befor installing, i only mean wipe the finger prints of
[/quote]

Cant do much harm just try to keep geasy fingers off

Full Colour Version: Speedo Drive
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.