Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Focus Tddi
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Focus
[b][font="Arial Black"]Hi guys im new here and just getting used to the site :) and just thought id say hi...

Right down to buisiness i have a Y reg ford focus 1.8 tddi and i have got a noise but not sure if its the gearbox or clutch thats making the noise....there is no noise when stationary no noise when i put it in gear but as soon as i pull off there is the noise but after 3500rpm the noise disappears and its like this for every gear....its hard to describe the sound but sounds like a clutch release bearing noise when worn but im sure its not the bearing as when im stationary ive gone on and off the clutch and there is noise[/font][/b]

Any help would be a great help as its hurting my brain trying to figure it out :rolleyes:

Thanks guys
artscot79
[quote name='Focus' date='31 March 2010 - 03:12 AM' timestamp='1270000927' post='75141']
[b][font="Arial Black"]Hi guys im new here and just getting used to the site [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img] and just thought id say hi...

Right down to buisiness i have a Y reg ford focus 1.8 tddi and i have got a noise but not sure if its the gearbox or clutch thats making the noise....there is no noise when stationary no noise when i put it in gear but as soon as i pull off there is the noise but after 3500rpm the noise disappears and its like this for every gear....its hard to describe the sound but sounds like a clutch release bearing noise when worn but im sure its not the bearing as when im stationary ive gone on and off the clutch and there is noise[/font][/b]

Any help would be a great help as its hurting my brain trying to figure it out [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thanks guys
[/quote]

it could be anything from a wheel bearing to the alternator belt needing replaced or tightened it could be a tensioner needing replaced ide say take it to ford if its a tensioner on the cambelt youll soon find out when it goes and busts the engine
Focus
[quote name='artscot79' date='31 March 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1270035409' post='75184']
it could be anything from a wheel bearing to the alternator belt needing replaced or tightened it could be a tensioner needing replaced ide say take it to ford if its a tensioner on the cambelt youll soon find out when it goes and busts the engine
[/quote]

But its coming from the passengers side so how could it be the belts etc etc
Could a engine mount cause this?
artscot79
[quote name='Focus' date='31 March 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1270039958' post='75191']
But its coming from the passengers side so how could it be the belts etc etc
Could a engine mount cause this?
[/quote]

if its from the passenger side then its the gearbox as we cant hear this noise and descriptions can be taken in different ways it sounds like you need it checked out could be the dmf dual masss flywheel by the sounds of it breaking down expensive fix ide get it checked mate asap
Focus
[quote name='artscot79' date='31 March 2010 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1270046096' post='75200']
if its from the passenger side then its the gearbox as we cant hear this noise and descriptions can be taken in different ways it sounds like you need it checked out could be the dmf dual masss flywheel by the sounds of it breaking down expensive fix ide get it checked mate asap
[/quote]

i didnt think the tddi had the dmf and is there anyway way of checkin my flywheel without taking box out
artscot79
[quote name='Focus' date='31 March 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1270065638' post='75284']
i didnt think the tddi had the dmf and is there anyway way of checkin my flywheel without taking box out
[/quote]

nope it needs to be diagnosed by a mechanic who can listen to it to find out what it is if its even the box
Focus
[quote name='artscot79' date='31 March 2010 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1270065812' post='75288']
nope it needs to be diagnosed by a mechanic who can listen to it to find out what it is if its even the box
[/quote]

that noise i said that goes after 3500rpm ive just relised the noise is there all the time???

Full Colour Version: Ford Focus Tddi
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615