Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silver Dash Trim Peice
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
ford focus edge
Hi all, the time has come to get a little job done ive been meaning to do for a while which is spray up the silver dash trim on the focus. Mines all flaking up due to a flid taking the stereo out and butchering the dash in the process :angry: .

Now for the big question, what colour do i spray it up im open to sudjestions here people lol im thinking st170 grey because it would match my seats and dash etc.

Mike
artscot79
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='03 April 2010 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1270315534' post='75908']
Hi all, the time has come to get a little job done ive been meaning to do for a while which is spray up the silver dash trim on the focus. Mines all flaking up due to a flid taking the stereo out and butchering the dash in the process [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif[/img] .

Now for the big question, what colour do i spray it up im open to sudjestions here people lol im thinking st170 grey because it would match my seats and dash etc.

Mike
[/quote]

well moon dust silver is a shade too light dont know about grey to be honest sounds a bit dull to me i would if it was me spray it aluminium or a metallic colour to bring it out a bit. have to say though the reason the blanking piece isnt blending in well is you have the stereo up at the top where its meant to go on the bottom of the dash with the blanking piece on the top.. it sags when you put it up top and the trim piece doesnt blend in well
ford focus edge
[quote name='artscot79' date='03 April 2010 - 08:04 PM' timestamp='1270320881' post='75933']
well moon dust silver is a shade too light dont know about grey to be honest sounds a bit dull to me i would if it was me spray it aluminium or a metallic colour to bring it out a bit. have to say though the reason the blanking piece isnt blending in well is you have the stereo up at the top where its meant to go on the bottom of the dash with the blanking piece on the top.. it sags when you put it up top and the trim piece doesnt blend in well
[/quote]

The grey is a metallic i think its called magnum grey its got silver flecks in etc i was looking at the price of st170 ones to swap over and there about 40 quid a pop so a bit of spray cant hurt worst comes to worst il just nip the scrappy and get a normal zetec one need to go the scrap yard anyway dad needs a new cup holder/fag lighter for the st and im after some ghia map lights.

Mike
artscot79
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='03 April 2010 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1270321699' post='75937']
The grey is a metallic i think its called magnum grey its got silver flecks in etc i was looking at the price of st170 ones to swap over and there about 40 quid a pop so a bit of spray cant hurt worst comes to worst il just nip the scrappy and get a normal zetec one need to go the scrap yard anyway dad needs a new cup holder/fag lighter for the st and im after some ghia map lights.

Mike
[/quote]

sounds okay with the silver specs in it bear in mind the materials may come to 40 anyway paint and primer laquer etc etc so its youre choice really the map lights are a sod to find sometimes as theyre usually all gone but like me you may get lucky good hunting comrade [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]
ford focus edge
[quote name='artscot79' date='03 April 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1270322036' post='75939']
sounds okay with the silver specs in it bear in mind the materials may come to 40 anyway paint and primer laquer etc etc so its youre choice really the map lights are a sod to find sometimes as theyre usually all gone but like me you may get lucky good hunting comrade [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Our local scrappy last time i was there had 6 ghia's in and 3 zetecs so i fancy my chances :P and ive got about 3 gallons of spray in the garage from doing the side strips and been collecting what i can for the rear arches cant f**kin wait to do that job :blink: .

I shall find the maplights for i am a focus owner comrade WE SHALL TAKE THEM FROM THE FACTORIES, WE SHALL DRIVE THEM TILL THEY DIE, BUT WE WILL ALWAYS BE FOCI'S.

General mike
Knight Focus
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='03 April 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1270325592' post='75946']
Our local scrappy last time i was there had 6 ghia's in and 3 zetecs so i fancy my chances :P and ive got about 3 gallons of spray in the garage from doing the side strips and been collecting what i can for the rear arches cant f**kin wait to do that job :blink: .

I shall find the maplights for i am a focus owner comrade WE SHALL TAKE THEM FROM THE FACTORIES, WE SHALL DRIVE THEM TILL THEY DIE, BUT WE WILL ALWAYS BE FOCI'S.

General mike
[/quote]
I've just paid 8 for Ghia map lights off fleabay. The guy only listed them as Ghia interior lights, which won't mean much to someone who doesn't know. I've seen them go for 15-20 buy it now.

Mike
cressws1
As above I just bought the map light to replace my standard light, 10. Again the seller just had it listed as a normal focus interior light.
ford focus edge
2.50 from the local scrap yard with working bulbs and the bloke even let me try before i bought think i win this round :P muahahha.

Going to spray the dash either machine silver (find moondust to bright) or magnum grey couldant find any dash trims in the scrap yard they had all been butchered for heater controls etc.

Mike
artscot79
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='06 April 2010 - 02:36 PM' timestamp='1270560388' post='76396']
2.50 from the local scrap yard with working bulbs and the bloke even let me try before i bought think i win this round [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img] muahahha.

Going to spray the dash either machine silver (find moondust to bright) or magnum grey couldant find any dash trims in the scrap yard they had all been butchered for heater controls etc.

Mike
[/quote]

same as me i bought the variable wiper stalk and got the map lights for nowt who needs ebay thats where half of these come from anyway theres a guy goes to one of my local ones with a holdall and gets map lights wiper switches etc etc and sells themn on ebay i saw him fill a hold all for 100 quid he had around 20 wiper stalks 5 dash trims ashtrays etc etc
ford focus edge
[quote name='artscot79' date='06 April 2010 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1270560801' post='76398']
same as me i bought the variable wiper stalk and got the map lights for nowt who needs ebay thats where half of these come from anyway theres a guy goes to one of my local ones with a holdall and gets map lights wiper switches etc etc and sells themn on ebay i saw him fill a hold all for 100 quid he had around 20 wiper stalks 5 dash trims ashtrays etc etc
[/quote]

Thing that made me laugh though was i got the maplights from a focus in that scrap yard ive nabbed loads of other things of im tempted to buy it and strip it for the trip computer, footwell lights, cruise control etc and sell things like the leather seats (perfect condtion and tan coloured), lights etc off on ebay would make a mint if i got the car for a deacent price, mugs game lol.

Mike
artscot79
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='06 April 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1270569774' post='76437']
Thing that made me laugh though was i got the maplights from a focus in that scrap yard ive nabbed loads of other things of im tempted to buy it and strip it for the trip computer, footwell lights, cruise control etc and sell things like the leather seats (perfect condtion and tan coloured), lights etc off on ebay would make a mint if i got the car for a deacent price, mugs game lol.

Mike
[/quote]

well my old man did it with a capri got 5 times its value by selling all the bits then sold the engine then someone bought the shell its an easy game if the prices are right where abouts are the bulb holders for the footwell lights ?
*Becqui*
:P About the trims, ebay sell a complete inside trim set, various colours, check it out, 120550272775, it aint mega cheap but its worth a look xxx

Full Colour Version: Silver Dash Trim Peice
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615