Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windows Misting Up
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
ferretracer
Ive just recently purchased a ford focus estate 1.8 turbo diesel, t reg

got a few niggles with it fan motor for inside of car only works on 1 and 2 settings(previous owner did,nt tell me)

Also ive noticed it seems to mist up quite a bit on the windows, ive checked for wet patches in footwells etc, just in case heater matrix ive had one go before i my previous car, it does clear if i set the fans going and internal circulation going, its just a bit annoying

Anybody shed any light on the matter, i quite handy when it comes to sorting my cars, i based in basingstoke
cressws1
My Focus did this when i first got it too. I put it down the the fact that it had been stood for a while not being used while on the forecourt. I also had the famous pollen filter/passenger footwell damp problem.

Give it a blast on a motorway somewhere with the heaters on pointing at the carpets and the windows down just a touch, This should get rid of any damp lurking on or underneath the carpets.
artscot79
[quote name='cressws1' date='04 April 2010 - 07:41 AM' timestamp='1270362691' post='75974']
My Focus did this when i first got it too. I put it down the the fact that it had been stood for a while not being used while on the forecourt. I also had the famous pollen filter/passenger footwell damp problem.

Give it a blast on a motorway somewhere with the heaters on pointing at the carpets and the windows down just a touch, This should get rid of any damp lurking on or underneath the carpets.
[/quote]

recirculating the air causes misting sounds like the pollen filter is needing replaced mate when it gets bunged up it will cause misting
Knight Focus
[quote name='artscot79' date='04 April 2010 - 10:23 AM' timestamp='1270372421' post='75981']
recirculating the air causes misting sounds like the pollen filter is needing replaced mate when it gets bunged up it will cause misting
[/quote]
Ah, the pollen filter! I think I'm having problems with that. Just this morning, I was cleaning the mats and when I lifted the passenger one, it was damp underneath. Are these easy to change?

Mike
artscot79
[quote name='Knight Focus' date='04 April 2010 - 12:41 PM' timestamp='1270380712' post='76000']
Ah, the pollen filter! I think I'm having problems with that. Just this morning, I was cleaning the mats and when I lifted the passenger one, it was damp underneath. Are these easy to change?

Mike
[/quote]

yeah they are easy it will be the sealing strip thats gone allowing the water through ford sell the seal kit and they are only a few quid

Full Colour Version: Windows Misting Up
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.