Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Conversion Questions
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
HimSelfUnknown
can it be done to swap a focus 1.6 to a 1.8? been offerd a 1.6 cheep from a family friend but the engine is dead, but i also know a mate who may be stripping his rear ended 1.8, is it possible, ie, loom end, and engine swap over? or will it just create alot of hassle and more worth while trying to just find anouther 1.6?

on about mk1's btw :)

all work can be carried out by myself as far as swappin the engine over etc.
artscot79
[quote name='HimSelfUnknown' date='04 April 2010 - 02:48 AM' timestamp='1270345113' post='75971']
can it be done to swap a focus 1.6 to a 1.8? been offerd a 1.6 cheep from a family friend but the engine is dead, but i also know a mate who may be stripping his rear ended 1.8, is it possible, ie, loom end, and engine swap over? or will it just create alot of hassle and more worth while trying to just find anouther 1.6?

on about mk1's btw [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

all work can be carried out by myself as far as swappin the engine over etc.
[/quote]

its a simple swap with the ecu and loom etc
bottletree
Artscot are you a mechanic? You seem to know a lot about the mechanics of a car.
HimSelfUnknown
Nice one thanks

Full Colour Version: Conversion Questions
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.