Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog Lamp Kit
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
GRAHAM46
Greetings.

I have a 2005 Focus LX and have been given a fog lamp kit. The kit has all the parts needed to fit the kit but is it as easy as the instructions say. Has anybody fitted one of these kits ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bottletree
I have a 2006 LX and like you it does not have the fog lamps. In my old car which did have the fog lamps i only used them half a dozen times in the 6 years owning the car. You dont really need them mate. If you use them when you shouldn't it only takes one jobsworth copper to give you a ticket and spoil your fun. For the hassle of fitting them and sorting it all out its not worth it IMHO.
artscot79
[quote name='bottletree' date='05 April 2010 - 11:51 AM' timestamp='1270464105' post='76188']
I have a 2006 LX and like you it does not have the fog lamps. In my old car which did have the fog lamps i only used them half a dozen times in the 6 years owning the car. You dont really need them mate. If you use them when you shouldn't it only takes one jobsworth copper to give you a ticket and spoil your fun. For the hassle of fitting them and sorting it all out its not worth it IMHO.
[/quote]

as long as the wiring is tucked up in the loom behind the bumper then yes its a simple job to fit
GRAHAM46
[quote name='artscot79' date='05 April 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1270479737' post='76226']
as long as the wiring is tucked up in the loom behind the bumper then yes its a simple job to fit
[/quote]
Thanks for that. I located the two plugs behind the bumper, but i thought it couldn't be that easy and there had to be a catch.

Graham
artscot79
[quote name='GRAHAM46' date='05 April 2010 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1270490927' post='76274']
Thanks for that. I located the two plugs behind the bumper, but i thought it couldn't be that easy and there had to be a catch.

Graham
[/quote]

did the kit come with the headlight switch with the fog light option on it? if not dont worry any scrapyard will have one for afew quid or even ebay has them but yes its that simple plug it all in fit the lights and switch and away you go incase youre wondering i mean this switch [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1998-2004-FORD-FOCUS-HEADLIGHT-SWITCH-WITH-FOGLIGHT_W0QQitemZ170355232055QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item27a9f68d37"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1998-2004-FORD-FOCUS-HEADLIGHT-SWITCH-WITH-FOGLIGHT_W0QQitemZ170355232055QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item27a9f68d37[/url]
GRAHAM46
Yes the kit has the lamps, trim, switch, screws and the Ford instructions.

Graham
artscot79
[quote name='GRAHAM46' date='05 April 2010 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1270497182' post='76295']
Yes the kit has the lamps, trim, switch, screws and the Ford instructions.

Graham
[/quote]

in that case piece of pxxh mate it looks too good to be true i know but its easy for a change
GRAHAM46
Thanks very much for your help artscot79. Didn't take long at all once i got the wiring unhooked fron the loom and passed through to the lamps.

Full Colour Version: Fog Lamp Kit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.