Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Puma 1.7 Whirring And Gearbox Noise
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Puma Club
P4RKY
hi guys..
my 1.7 puma has had this whirring noise for ages now also every time i put the clutch in it sounds like a bag of nails the noise doesnt appear when i not movin ie.. if im changing gear or comin off the m/way changing down the bag of nails appear the whirring noise is mainly at about 70-80mph on motorway... ive replaced the gearbox once... any suggestions cars done 80k
artscot79
[quote name='P4RKY' date='04 April 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1270416854' post='76129']
hi guys..
my 1.7 puma has had this whirring noise for ages now also every time i put the clutch in it sounds like a bag of nails the noise doesnt appear when i not movin ie.. if im changing gear or comin off the m/way changing down the bag of nails appear the whirring noise is mainly at about 70-80mph on motorway... ive replaced the gearbox once... any suggestions cars done 80k
[/quote]

sounds like a new box again if it was a second hand box then it may be its just time im not up on the puma box or how strong it is are yo thrashing the car?
P4RKY
hi m8,
no cars neva thrashed wifes wheels.. 30mph everywhere lol took it out today sounding worse tha eva goin to garage tomorrow i think the nails sound is the clutch as i neva changed it when replaced gearbox and cars done 81k so prob time for a change...
artscot79
[quote name='P4RKY' date='08 April 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1270761594' post='76951']
hi m8,
no cars neva thrashed wifes wheels.. 30mph everywhere lol took it out today sounding worse tha eva goin to garage tomorrow i think the nails sound is the clutch as i neva changed it when replaced gearbox and cars done 81k so prob time for a change...
[/quote]

have the gearbox oil checked it could be empty or very low
mr carbon
i have a spear box if you need one bud

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.