Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Options And Equipement Should I Get With My Ford Focus Zetec
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
starfield
My car is a ford focus zetec (1.8L petrol) climate pack (56 reg, manual transmission).

1. Should I have a 3.5 mm jack input (aux in) in the glove box. The radio has got the AUX button in the top left corner?

2. Do i have electric adjustable heated door mirrors (as stated on Parkers)? If so where are the settings for the heat to the mirrors?

3. Apart from the level of assistance to the power steering, what other adjustment can i make to the vehicle from the trip computer screen?
artscot79
[quote name='starfield' date='05 April 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1270495992' post='76291']
My car is a ford focus zetec (1.8L petrol) climate pack (56 reg, manual transmission).

1. Should I have a 3.5 mm jack input (aux in) in the glove box. The radio has got the AUX button in the top left corner?

2. Do i have electric adjustable heated door mirrors (as stated on Parkers)? If so where are the settings for the heat to the mirrors?

3. Apart from the level of assistance to the power steering, what other adjustment can i make to the vehicle from the trip computer screen?
[/quote]

as far as im aware not all came wih the jack input it may be tucked away behind the glovebox the mirrors are controlled by th erear heater usually when you switch that on it should heat the mirrors only really useful in the winter
Wizz
[quote name='starfield' date='05 April 2010 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1270495992' post='76291']

2. Do i have electric adjustable heated door mirrors (as stated on Parkers)?[/quote]
Yes you do.
The adjuster is near the top of the drivers door panel.

[quote name='starfield' date='05 April 2010 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1270495992' post='76291']
If so where are the settings for the heat to the mirrors?
[/quote]
There are no settings, the mirror heaters come on with the heated screen control............ the front one I believe.
artscot79
[quote name='Wizz' date='05 April 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1270498898' post='76302']
Yes you do.
The adjuster is near the top of the drivers door panel.

There are no settings, the mirror heaters come on with the heated screen control............ the front one I believe.
[/quote]

im not aware of any heat setting its automatic and from the wiring diagram they come on with the rear window heater the front screen only comes on for a very short time and isnt on long enough to clear the mirrors almost always they are linked to the rear and not the front the front usually runs the heated washer jets which if you dont have should be easily fitted im assuming the climate pack will have them though
thesilverfox
The heat for the mirrors is automatic.

If you have a heated front screen, the mirrors should heat up with the front being on. If you don't, they come on with the rear heater instead. I've no reason to believe this has changed since the MKI, but hey - I've been known to be wrong before!

As for the 3.5mm jack, well that was an optional fit on some kit levels and standard for the Ghia and Titanium. Later builds may have started including this as standard though.

Adjustments - none. The three steering settings make very little difference anyway. You can change from imperial to metric if you choose though ... but how useful is that? Not very.
starfield
One more thing: Does the driver / front passenger seat belt sign light up when not wearing seat belt when driving (I have driven it at speed higher than 30mph and nothing seems to happen)
thesilverfox
[quote name='starfield' date='06 April 2010 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1270556560' post='76384']
One more thing: Does the driver / front passenger seat belt sign light up when not wearing seat belt when driving (I have driven it at speed higher than 30mph and nothing seems to happen)
[/quote]

May have been an option/feature with higher trims. Mine make that annoying alarm over 10-15mph!
hillmangimp
'One more thing: Does the driver / front passenger seat belt sign light up when not wearing seat belt when driving (I have driven it at speed higher than 30mph and nothing seems to happen)'

I have a 55 Zetec climate and mine does have the seat beat sign and the alarm if you pull away without buckling the belt.
artscot79
[quote name='hillmangimp' date='06 April 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1270560966' post='76399']
'One more thing: Does the driver / front passenger seat belt sign light up when not wearing seat belt when driving (I have driven it at speed higher than 30mph and nothing seems to happen)'

I have a 55 Zetec climate and mine does have the seat beat sign and the alarm if you pull away without buckling the belt.
[/quote]

the alarm can be disabled or enabled some are some arenmt i disabled mine as it was annoying
starfield
I just figured it out and i will post it as a new topic under : How to activate/deactivate chime and warning light for seat belt

here it is:

Preparation:
1. Apply the parking brake.
2. Select neutral
3. Turn the ignition switch to the 0 position.
4. Close all the vehicle doors from the inside of the vehicle.
5. Unbuckle the drivers safety belt.

Deactivating/Activating:
1. Turn the ignition switch to position II. (Do not start the engine).
2. The airbag warning indicator will extinguish within 10 seconds.
3. NOTE: Step 3 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated.
Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.
4. The safety belt warning indicator flashes three times to confirm the belt minder status change.
5. To activate the belt minder, repeat Steps 1 through 3.
6. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

i have tried this and it does work!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.