Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk 2.5 Rear Lights
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
DeeBe
Hello! I've got a '56 Focus and I fitted the facelift rear light clusters today, took a wee bit of fiddling and a bit of modification to the holes to get my original bulb holders to fit. This brings me to my question. On my original lights, the plug points straight up towards the roof of the car when fitted, but when I fitted the new clusters, the plug isn't able to face the same way. I have managed to fit them, but the plugs for the brake/tail lights are sort of 'wedged in' and although quite safe, I was wondering if anyone has fitted them in a different way or if any other modification is needed?

Thanks for reading this, and sorry if it's a little long-winded!

Dave
powerball
[quote name='DeeBe' date='06 April 2010 - 12:35 PM' timestamp='1270556742' post='76386']
Hello! I've got a '56 Focus and I fitted the facelift rear light clusters today, took a wee bit of fiddling and a bit of modification to the holes to get my original bulb holders to fit. This brings me to my question. On my original lights, the plug points straight up towards the roof of the car when fitted, but when I fitted the new clusters, the plug isn't able to face the same way. I have managed to fit them, but the plugs for the brake/tail lights are sort of 'wedged in' and although quite safe, I was wondering if anyone has fitted them in a different way or if any other modification is needed?

Thanks for reading this, and sorry if it's a little long-winded!

Dave
[/quote]

Hi
Why didn't you just buy the later style bulb holders from Ford dealers?

Bob
DeeBe
Hi Bob.

I got the lights with the bulb holders intact, but the wiring is different and would have meant I would have to cut and modify the cars wiring which I wasn't prepared to do. I managed to remove a small protion of the back of the clusters and the plugs sit quite snug now.

Dave.
powerball
[quote name='DeeBe' date='16 April 2010 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1271426903' post='78053']
Hi Bob.

I got the lights with the bulb holders intact, but the wiring is different and would have meant I would have to cut and modify the cars wiring which I wasn't prepared to do. I managed to remove a small protion of the back of the clusters and the plugs sit quite snug now.

Dave.
[/quote]

can i assume that the bulb holders that came with the later style lights had the wires attached, if so i thought that if you pulled out the big rubber grommet (were the wires go though the 1/4 panel)there is a conection block were the loom would join to. i do hope this is the case as i bought some later style lamps from ebay (only cost me 21.oo) and just bought from Fords the bulb holders which came on a wireing loom attached
only bought one side at the mo as it cost as much as the lamps. if it dont fit i dont think i can be ar*ed to cut the lamps about.

Bob
p.s did they also come with bulb? as ive been told by dealer the stop and tail light bulb is red!!
DeeBe
As I was lead to believe, the bulb holders for the later lights do come with wiring (which mine did) and a plug at the end of it. This will not fit the fre-facelift (mine) so it was either modify the holes for the original bulb holders (20 min job) or cut the rear light wiring and splice the wires together manually, which I didn't fancy at all.

Yes, the stop-tail bulb is red, but beware, the bulb on the pre-facelift will not physically fit the new bulb holders and vice versa. The original bulbs have opposite pins (at different heights) and the new ones have offset pins. I found some eBay red bulbs, but they shine quite pink when on. I am currently waiting for a pair of red LED bulbs to be delivered.
powerball
Hi

Yep your right there is no connection plug for early models (as i found out yesterday) i think i will go the splicing route, mind you i would like to know what the led bulbs look like when youve got um fitted

Bob

Full Colour Version: Mk 2.5 Rear Lights
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.