Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleaning
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
DMR
evening all

need to clean my lambda sensor and was wondering what is the best cleaner to use?

i'm thinking carb or brake cleaner, which is strongest?
artscot79
[quote name='DMR' date='06 April 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1270591853' post='76559']
evening all

need to clean my lambda sensor and was wondering what is the best cleaner to use?

i'm thinking carb or brake cleaner, which is strongest?
[/quote]

no you dont touch them mate doesnt take much to damage them they are cleaned by the exhaust heat so leave them well alone or you may find youre pocket gets lighter
jonboy01
[quote name='artscot79' date='28 April 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1272481085' post='79788']
no you dont touch them mate doesnt take much to damage them they are cleaned by the exhaust heat so leave them well alone or you may find youre pocket gets lighter
[/quote]
yep +1 to that reply, best to leave it alone or replace it if its playing up.
Pioneer
[size="2"]Just had mine replaced on my C-Max. That plus a TMAP sensor and diagnostic cost just over 500!
The sensor itself only costs around 60 to 80 (when I looked into it [b]after[/b] having the work done!!). Not sure what ruins them or whether or not they just wear out (I've only done 30K). I'm not even sure what the "fault" was with mine as it didn't improve my rough running and Ford could not tell me why it failed, just that it was showing up as faulty on the computer.[/size]

Full Colour Version: Cleaning
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615