Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help!! Crankshaft Sensor
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
woodford
Hi everyone,

i have a focus zetec 1.6 2000 w reg
i have had 3 new crank sensors in the last 2 weeks . Two weeks ago my car developed a missfire then the same day the engine just cut out wile driving and would not start, had a mobile mechanic cum out to it and he says there was no spark atall an then says it could be the crankshaft sensor so i get 1 fit it, perfect it solves everything runs great then 3 days later i have a missfire again so i check the sensor again and it appears that it has been worn down so i get another sensor 3 days later i have a missfire again so i check the sensor agian and it had been completly worn away , so i now have a fird sensor in and it has done it again but iv been driving it for the last couple of days with a missfire and it is really doing my head in i really need sum help has anyone had this problem before ? or can any one please help

any coments would be appreciated thanks .
mk3
hi ,
i have a mk3 mondeo which has just had a new crankshaft sensor, on the mondeo when fitting your suppose to leave a one mil gap so has not to hit the flywheel inside the belhouse, maybe this could be the problem , not 100% sure but would check it out all the same, good luck.
artscot79
[quote name='mk3' date='09 April 2010 - 07:07 AM' timestamp='1270792639' post='77005']
hi ,
i have a mk3 mondeo which has just had a new crankshaft sensor, on the mondeo when fitting your suppose to leave a one mil gap so has not to hit the flywheel inside the belhouse, maybe this could be the problem , not 100% sure but would check it out all the same, good luck.
[/quote]

the fact its wearing out suggests it rubbing against something on some cars as said a spacer is fitted so it doesnt touch the flywheel taking a look at the sensor you should be able to see if its been worn by metal to metal contact or not

Full Colour Version: Help!! Crankshaft Sensor
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.