Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Focus Mk2 (Uk) Temp Problems
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
dj0nes
Hi all,

My Foci is being a bit of a pain in the butt today, was driving at city speeds as I normally do, the temperature needle normally sits in the middle but today it decided to 'take a walk on the wild side' and put the sh*tters up me anyway, as it steadily creeped up past half way which it has never done before, thinking something major was wrong I swiftly pulled over and popped the bonnet, engine was fine didn't seem excessivly hot, cooling fan wasn't on plenty of coolent etc..

I started the engine back up and the same thing happened again.. I carried on driving a bit and the gauge carried on rising, I then bottled out just as it was about to reach the red just incase it wasn't bluffing lol.

I pulled over again, took the cap of the coolant tank and squeezed the pipes, put it back on and now the gauge is fine again reading half way well just a pin head below it.

However when I go into DTM the Engine temp is reading 140c! no sign of any overheating or unusual occurances though.

Only notible thing thats developed recently though is the car sounds a bit crap when accelrating, like the old mk3 fiestas tappy engines.

Any advice is much appreciated.
DMR
thermostat

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.