Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Traction Control Light
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
race0360
I have a 2.0ltr focus Year 2000 with traction control and ESP.The traction control light is intermitant.I have had it on a Diagnostic machine and the fault codes are C1281 Lateral Accelerometer Cicuit Failure and C1282 Lateral Accelerometer signal fault. The faults where cleared and the light stopped off for about 5 days. Now it comes on and off now and then. Can anybody point me in the right direction to what maybe the cause and the part to replace.
mintalkin
the code points towards a problem with the yaw-rate sensor or the lateral-acceleration sensor located under the front passenger seat,check all the wiring especually if the seat is moved back and forth for different drivers.
race0360
Thanks for that I will check it out tomorrow. The manual states that these sensors are under a kick panel on the inner sill is that correct. I am taking the information from a haynes manual.

Full Colour Version: Traction Control Light
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.