Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Zetec Boot Won't Open
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
ayggp
Hi

I have a problem with my Ford Focus Zetec, can anybody help?

Starting a few months ago every now and again I was having problems closing the boot as it would not close properly. In order to fix this I had to push my key on the lock which moved something allowing it to shut. It was as though the mechanism wasn't opening enough but it didn't happen everytime.

A few weeks ago every time I closed the boot it would only close half way unless I used force. The boot was shut and you couldn't open it without unlocking using the key remote but it wasn't flush against the car. It's now worse because I can't open the boot and the open door light is constantly lit up on the dash.

It's not fully open or closed but using the key, the remote and the button in the front doesn't release it so I think it's passed the stage where it can be be released but now I can't open the boot!

I've taken it to a Ford dealer and they said it's a known problem with the mechanism of this age or Focus (99 T Reg) and he thinks it would cost between 100-150 all in to fix.

Can anybody help as I don't really want to pay dealer prices.

Thanks
artscot79
[quote name='ayggp' date='16 April 2010 - 11:29 AM' timestamp='1271413155' post='78008']
Hi

I have a problem with my Ford Focus Zetec, can anybody help?

Starting a few months ago every now and again I was having problems closing the boot as it would not close properly. In order to fix this I had to push my key on the lock which moved something allowing it to shut. It was as though the mechanism wasn't opening enough but it didn't happen everytime.

A few weeks ago every time I closed the boot it would only close half way unless I used force. The boot was shut and you couldn't open it without unlocking using the key remote but it wasn't flush against the car. It's now worse because I can't open the boot and the open door light is constantly lit up on the dash.

It's not fully open or closed but using the key, the remote and the button in the front doesn't release it so I think it's passed the stage where it can be be released but now I can't open the boot!

I've taken it to a Ford dealer and they said it's a known problem with the mechanism of this age or Focus (99 T Reg) and he thinks it would cost between 100-150 all in to fix.

Can anybody help as I don't really want to pay dealer prices.

Thanks
[/quote]

then youll nbeed to access the boot through the back seats get on youre back and try to remove the rear panel on the boot to get access to the lock mechanism to open it its usually easier to allow a garage to do it as you can cause more damage costing you more in the long run the moral of the story is when summat aint right dont wait for it to go totally wrong

Full Colour Version: Focus Zetec Boot Won't Open
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.