Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hesitant 1.8 Diesel?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
sweettoad
My focus tdci 1.8 with just 26k misses now and again at slow speed,it's as if you have a bad spark plug in a petrol engined car,it's had a service about 1k ago,i can't see any engine managment lights on the dash,any ideas?Oh,i did think it may be bad fuel,but filled up at different garages and i don't think it is that?cheers.J.
artscot79
[quote name='sweettoad' date='16 April 2010 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1271452580' post='78095']
My focus tdci 1.8 with just 26k misses now and again at slow speed,it's as if you have a bad spark plug in a petrol engined car,it's had a service about 1k ago,i can't see any engine managment lights on the dash,any ideas?Oh,i did think it may be bad fuel,but filled up at different garages and i don't think it is that?cheers.J.
[/quote]

diesel filter ide say
sweettoad
[quote name='artscot79' date='17 April 2010 - 11:53 AM' timestamp='1271504604' post='78128']
diesel filter ide say
[/quote]
It's not been servied too long ago,so really shouldn't need one,but i guess you never know!
artscot79
[quote name='sweettoad' date='17 April 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1271518910' post='78149']
It's not been servied too long ago,so really shouldn't need one,but i guess you never know!
[/quote]

in that case ide ay take it into ford and have it looked at im not a diesel fanatic but other than the fuel pump which seems to be an issue and the cam sensor the only other thing i can think of is doiesel filter
sweettoad
[quote name='artscot79' date='17 April 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1271530316' post='78172']
in that case ide ay take it into ford and have it looked at im not a diesel fanatic but other than the fuel pump which seems to be an issue and the cam sensor the only other thing i can think of is doiesel filter
[/quote]
I had the garage where i bought the car change the fuel filter,and it seems fine now!!so seems that the fuel filter was the problem!
David.Spencer
Mine does the same
been in 3 times they cant find a fault
its on 30,000 miles

i thought it may be fuel pump any ideas

Full Colour Version: Hesitant 1.8 Diesel?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.