Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Front Wheel Bearing
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
gunner9662-adrian
[b][b][color="#000080"][b][/b][/color]Hi guys im adrian and new to this forum
could any help me out i need to change my front wheel bearing on my 1.8 lx focus Mk1 1999
am i able to change the wheel bearing without using a press.
Any help would be most greatful and if you have any how to do it's with pics would be even better

thanks guys[b][/b][/b][/b] :unsure:
coll247
i would say remove the hub and take it to a garage they should remove it then press the other one in for around 15 quid. it would be a right pain trying without a press
gunner9662-adrian
[quote name='coll247' date='16 April 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1271459519' post='78104']
i would say remove the hub and take it to a garage they should remove it then press the other one in for around 15 quid. it would be a right pain trying without a press
[/quote]

thanks for your reply

but its possible to do thou using socket just smaller then the bearing to knock it out?
and tapping the new one in the same way?
coll247
[quote name='gunner9662-adrian' date='17 April 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1271459940' post='78105']
thanks for your reply

but its possible to do thou using socket just smaller then the bearing to knock it out?
and tapping the new one in the same way?
[/quote]
ye it says that in haynes manual it is possible to do with some threaded bar & socket but ide sooner have it pressed in somewhere
coll247
the back ones are easy doing it that way
gunner9662-adrian
[quote name='coll247' date='16 April 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1271460202' post='78106']
ye it says that in haynes manual it is possible to do with some threaded bar & socket but ide sooner have it pressed in somewhere
[/quote]

thanks again for you help

im changing the two front bearings as the one sides gone thought it wont be long b4 the other goes

Full Colour Version: Focus Front Wheel Bearing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.