Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk2 Rear Courtesy Light
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
DeeBe
Hello!

I have a mk2 Focus on a '56 plate. One thing that annoys me is that I don't have a rear courtesy light. I have sourced one from eBay which is a proper one from a mk1 Focus Ghia, and I have the correct retaining ring, but I was wondering if it is indeed possible to fit it to my car. I.E is there space at the rear of the headlining to fit it?

Thanks in advance.

Dave.
artscot79
[quote name='DeeBe' date='19 April 2010 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1271665482' post='78366']
Hello!

I have a mk2 Focus on a '56 plate. One thing that annoys me is that I don't have a rear courtesy light. I have sourced one from eBay which is a proper one from a mk1 Focus Ghia, and I have the correct retaining ring, but I was wondering if it is indeed possible to fit it to my car. I.E is there space at the rear of the headlining to fit it?

Thanks in advance.

Dave.
[/quote]

if in doubt test the depth with a sewing needle you may find theres polenty of room there to fit the light in
DeeBe
Good idea!!! I'll do that! Cheers Art.
artscot79
[quote name='DeeBe' date='19 April 2010 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1271671816' post='78383']
Good idea!!! I'll do that! Cheers Art.
[/quote]

i find its easier than ripping headlining off and all the associated trim you can do it all without removing headlining uyoull just need to give the car a good hoover though a wire coat hanger with the wire taped to the end and pushed through from the front courtesy light to youre precut hole is the easiest way and with a shrp stanley you can cut the lining first without removing it
hawker
I miss not having a rear courtesy light.

If you manage to get this done, I'd really appreciate if you could post up a guide on how to do this mate.

;)
artscot79
[quote name='hawker' date='20 April 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1271792463' post='78648']
I miss not having a rear courtesy light.

If you manage to get this done, I'd really appreciate if you could post up a guide on how to do this mate.

[img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]
[/quote]

its quite easy the wiring is simply taken from the front so youre simply taking a feed from the first wire to the same point on the rear light and you do this with the 3 i had a how to somewhere ill see if i can find it
hawker
Cheers art ;)

Full Colour Version: Mk2 Rear Courtesy Light
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.