Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleanyourcar.co.uk
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
Solaris
Has anyone ever had problems ordering from this site?

14 days ago i ordered an item off there, my bank was charged immediately, yet the order status has stayed on "processing" the whole time. I patiently waited until today to contact the site about the situation.

Things ranging from spelling my name wrong in the reply to making me feel like i was just being impatient despite the order status and lack of product made it feel almost like I'm dealing with an individual on eBay rather than a professional online store.

Has anyone had any similar experiences with this site?
Gazjs
Always had top service with CYC - I4D for a FOC discount usually persuades me over that way though :P
thesilverfox
Yeah no problems for me either. Maybe an item is on back order but they've not updated your order to explain this? Try giving them a call.
Jack_P
we get discount do we?

Where else do we get discount?
Solaris
[quote name='thesilverfox' date='22 April 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1271890766' post='78796']
Yeah no problems for me either. Maybe an item is on back order but they've not updated your order to explain this? Try giving them a call.
[/quote]

I contacted them by e-mail and on 2 occasions the guy is adamant that the item has been posted royal mail recorded. He claims they send out 50 items a day so it's "difficult" for him to find the receipt at the moment, and that i need to be more patient because it can easily take over 2 weeks and it's not lost in the post. :blink:

I've asked for refund twice but that's the responses i get.
Gazjs
[quote name='Jack_P' date='22 April 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1271891949' post='78798']
we get discount do we?

Where else do we get discount?
[/quote]

i4detailing - 7.5% using FOCX ;)

That's it for now though :lol:
thesilverfox
[quote name='Solaris' date='22 April 2010 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1271893541' post='78799']
I contacted them by e-mail and on 2 occasions the guy is adamant that the item has been posted royal mail recorded. He claims they send out 50 items a day so it's "difficult" for him to find the receipt at the moment, and that i need to be more patient because it can easily take over 2 weeks and it's not lost in the post. :blink:

I've asked for refund twice but that's the responses i get.
[/quote]

He's right though sadly. Recorded delivery goes in with regular mail and can take 28 working days to arrive (annoying as it is). Worse still, unless insured, the sender can only claim 100x the value of a 1st class stamp for any losses - so what, 37p stamp? 37.00 compensation from the Royal Mail if the claim has to be made.

Don't be fooled in paying for Recorded delivery when receiving an item - it protects the seller, not the buyer, as it simply proves an item was received and doesn't guarantee it will get there (unlike with Special Delivery).

However, their inability to provide the tracking reference suggests to me that either a) it is very un-organised or B) they have simply forgotten to send it out and your messages have prompted them to send hastily.

When (and it will) it arrives, look at the posting date. If it's around the same time as the email queries you sent, call them out on it and get postage refunded.
sussex
Another vote for I4Detailing here. They are fantastic.

Full Colour Version: Cleanyourcar.co.uk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.