Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Wiper Not Working
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Skudd
My rear wiper doesn't wipe, I pull the stalk back, water comes out but the wiper doesn't move.
I have recently purchased the car( a week ago) so just need ideas on where to start. I think it may be something as simple as a fuse, but when I looked at the fuse box there seemed to be thousands of the little buggers so didn't know which one to start with.
Does anyone know which fuse it may be? ie seventh one along 2nd one down 2amp fuse, that sort of thing, or does anyone have a diagram? or am I barking up the wrong tree?
It is a 51 plate Nov 2001 registered Mondeo estate ghia x 2lt.
Thanks
mintalkin
here is a fusebox layout,the rear wiper motor is fuse 90-15amp,try the fuse first.
http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Fuse_%26_Relay_Information_-_Mk3
Skudd
Thats brilliant, just what I was looking for.
Cheers
Skudd
Well it wasn't the fuse, will try changing the relay, but after that what else to check or is it down the scrap yard for a wiper motor?
mintalkin
if the relay is ok, check for a good earth and power at the motor to eliminate a wiring fault,before getting another motor.

Full Colour Version: Rear Wiper Not Working
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615