Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 18 Tdci Noise??
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
lugo
hi all. bit of a stab in the dark but never know.

theres a noise on my 1.8 tdci focus. bit of a loud drone.builds up as i accelerate,worst at 55mph stops alittle after this. i have tried takin her out of gear at speed this makes no difference. as does engine speed. there is a very slight vibration with it but cant really track it down . would say its from the front of the car.

there is no probs with the steering. handles ok to.

have been told that an anti roll bar bush is slightly worn would this be the prob??

any help would be much apprieciated

lugo
artscot79
[quote name='lugo' date='22 April 2010 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1271957691' post='78875']
hi all. bit of a stab in the dark but never know.

theres a noise on my 1.8 tdci focus. bit of a loud drone.builds up as i accelerate,worst at 55mph stops alittle after this. i have tried takin her out of gear at speed this makes no difference. as does engine speed. there is a very slight vibration with it but cant really track it down . would say its from the front of the car.

there is no probs with the steering. handles ok to.

have been told that an anti roll bar bush is slightly worn would this be the prob??

any help would be much apprieciated

lugo
[/quote]

ide have the wheel bearings checked sounds likel;y another possibility is the cv joints needing repacked with grease
lugo
thanx for that

Full Colour Version: 18 Tdci Noise??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.