Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Antifreeze
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
Chopped
hi there,i need to top up my ford KA 53 plate header tank it has the pink genuine ford 50/50 mix in
i have some Comma red ethylene glycol silicate free antifreeze can i use this
or will it not mix properly etc :huh:

many thanks
delboy
for how much it cost's i would go to fords & buy some.
it's an expensive item to sort out an engine but cheap anti freez in comparison.
it will be ok to uase as a temp solution as i would mix as 20-80 for a get me about until
i can get to fords.
i generally do a 40-60 summer & 50-50 winter

as it's not cold of freezing then you will be ok for a very diluted mix
Chopped
ahh ok,,its just that i read somware that mixing differant antifreeze makes can do damage :blink:
artscot79
[quote name='Chopped' date='23 April 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1272056326' post='79048']
ahh ok,,its just that i read somware that mixing differant antifreeze makes can do damage [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]
[/quote]

well vw use the same pink stuff as ford and if you add another type to it it actually turns to a jelly substance so naturally this causes severe overheating as well as blocked pumps thermostats etc get the gen stuff and dont risk it if it only needs topped slightly then use water if were only talking a small amount

Full Colour Version: Antifreeze
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.