Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk1 Rear Drum Stub Axle Bolts
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
rog99
Hi,
I have just been overhauling my rear drum brakes . During this I removed the 4 bolts holding the stub axles.
When re-assembling I found that it not clear from the Haynes manual what the correct torque setting for these bolts should be.
The only ones that manual quotes is "Rear drum brake backplate/disc shield" at 66nm.
Is this the correct one?
Thanks
Roger
stef123
[quote name='rog99' date='26 April 2010 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1272276651' post='79413']
Hi,
I have just been overhauling my rear drum brakes . During this I removed the 4 bolts holding the stub axles.
When re-assembling I found that it not clear from the Haynes manual what the correct torque setting for these bolts should be.
The only ones that manual quotes is "Rear drum brake backplate/disc shield" at 66nm.
Is this the correct one?
Thanks
Roger
[/quote]

personally i have never set the torque on these bolts but looking at how haynes reffers to the job and knowing that the backplate is riveted on then i would say 66Nm is correct.
rog99
I have just looked on my Ford TIS workshop manual disk [that I had forgotten I had :blink: ] and that is indeed the correct torque for these bolts.

Thanks anyway.....

Full Colour Version: Mk1 Rear Drum Stub Axle Bolts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.