Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Response On 1.8 Tdci
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
sweettoad
I wonder if the throttle reponse is adjustable on my 1.8 TDCI, 08 plate,i find all the revs in the first 10mm of the throttle and tend to rev the engine more then i really need to when moving off,i belieave this is a electronic throttle,so maybe i will have to live with it,any ideas?thanks.
thesilverfox
[quote name='sweettoad' date='26 April 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1272313187' post='79531']
I wonder if the throttle reponse is adjustable on my 1.8 TDCI, 08 plate,i find all the revs in the first 10mm of the throttle and tend to rev the engine more then i really need to when moving off,i belieave this is a electronic throttle,so maybe i will have to live with it,any ideas?thanks.
[/quote]

It is indeed a fly-by-wire throttle that may suffer from damaged contacts (I am informed). This can result in 'gaps' during acceleration, depending on how hard you are pushing the gas, if that makes any sense? Could be worth checking out - it's still under warranty, so nothing to lose :)
sweettoad
[quote name='thesilverfox' date='26 April 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1272316370' post='79538']
It is indeed a fly-by-wire throttle that may suffer from damaged contacts (I am informed). This can result in 'gaps' during acceleration, depending on how hard you are pushing the gas, if that makes any sense? Could be worth checking out - it's still under warranty, so nothing to lose :)
[/quote]
Thanks,i will get the ford garage to check it out.

Full Colour Version: Throttle Response On 1.8 Tdci
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.