Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Sensors
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
kazzy7004
Hi all

Don't know if anyone can help here but my parking sensors have stopped working. When I select reverse there is no 'beep' unless I actually pull the gear stick back a little further...but still the sensors don't work! Is it likely to be a lose wire somewhere or expensive to get fixed?? I have a 2.0ltr Ghia 2003 if that helps!

Kaz
mintalkin
the sensors get there power from the reverse lights, first thing to check is if the reverse lights are working when in reverse gear.
kazzy7004
I've just been and checked, the reverse light does not come on - it only comes on for a brief moment when I pull the gear stick back a little further...
blimp
[quote name='kazzy7004' date='29 April 2010 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1272553810' post='79896']
I've just been and checked, the reverse light does not come on - it only comes on for a brief moment when I pull the gear stick back a little further...
[/quote]
the revearse light auto switch needs re adjusting.
mintalkin
if you need a new switch they are as little as 10 and are fitted it around 30 mins.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genine-Ford-Focus-Reverse-Lamp-Switch-Mk1-98-05--MTX75_W0QQitemZ220528202767QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&rvr_id=&cguid=52d2f4801280a0aad2306080ffffe43e
kazzy7004
Thank you so much for your help here!
A new switch and all works great again! :-)
Karen
hawker
As a matter of interest, where exactly does this switch get fitted?

Full Colour Version: Parking Sensors
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.