Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Control Valve
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
leelee
Hi Guys,

If a heater control valve is on its way out would it blow just hot air out?.

As i pervious read if the valve is faulty it blows cold air. Sometimes it does blow could air but when i turn the dial to hot and then back to cold it stays at hot.

Is is easy to replace the heater control valve?

Many Thanks
fiesta_lad
[quote name='leelee' date='29 April 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1272558780' post='79909']
Hi Guys,

If a heater control valve is on its way out would it blow just hot air out?.

As i pervious read if the valve is faulty it blows cold air. Sometimes it does blow could air but when i turn the dial to hot and then back to cold it stays at hot.

Is is easy to replace the heater control valve?

Many Thanks
[/quote]

I had the same problem on my fiesta the heater kept on blowing hot air out turned out to be the heater control valve. theres a little test you can do your self get your engine up to running tempeture turn your heater on full wack to the hot dial pop your bonnet and near your windscreen you should see two longish black pipes they are your heater control valves have a little feel of them and if there hot there there working ok if there cold then no doubt it is them.

I would'nt know how to change them never done it before a garage done it for me. but i have had problems with them before

Best of luck alan.

Full Colour Version: Heater Control Valve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615