Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blower/fan
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
chris g
hi i've got a 1999 focus and up until last week my fan/blower was working , now its just died on me i have checked the fuses and they all seem fine that's the one under the bonnet and behind the glove box. anyone have any ideas,
thanks in advance..
Neilc
[quote name='chris g' date='02 May 2010 - 09:02 AM' timestamp='1272786726' post='80282']
hi i've got a 1999 focus and up until last week my fan/blower was working , now its just died on me i have checked the fuses and they all seem fine that's the one under the bonnet and behind the glove box. anyone have any ideas,
thanks in advance..
[/quote]

Hi Yes a couple of things, does the fan blower work on any setting? If it works on any of 1, 2, 3, or 4 then the common fault is the resistor unit which is located behind the glove pocket to the right of the blower unit and slightly lower, best seen with a torch its a single screw and new ones cost about 15 fron Ford. Other less common faults are the actual rotary switch on the dash board which have been known to go wrong.

Hope this helps
Neil
chris g
[quote name='chris g' date='02 May 2010 - 08:02 AM' timestamp='1272786726' post='80282']
thanks in advance..
[/quote]
thanks neil ,no it does not work on any setting
stef123
[quote name='chris g' date='02 May 2010 - 10:32 AM' timestamp='1272792138' post='80299']
[/quote]

im sure the older focus' had a problem with the connections to the motor, might be worth checking these.
Neilc
[quote name='chris g' date='02 May 2010 - 10:32 AM' timestamp='1272792138' post='80299']
[/quote]

Ok It still might just be the resisitor thats at fault for about 15.00 its worth a try, my local Ford dealer keeps these babies in stock so sell so many!!!

just locate it remove the wiring plug connect to the new one and try, if it works then remove the old one and replace it its only one screw!!! although access is tight it very straightforward.

Neil

Full Colour Version: Blower/fan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615