Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid Question Re Alarms
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
Amie07
Hi guys, I know this is a stupid question but was just wondering if any1 with a similar car 2 mine, mk2 zetec, knows if it came with an alarm as standard? When I lock it I press the key fob thingy and the lights come on 2 say its locked however it doesn't beep or anything so was just wondering if that means there is no alarm? Part of me wants 2 give it a good rocking 2 find out but thought I'd try on here first! lol
artscot79
[quote name='Amie07' date='02 May 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1272831540' post='80408']
Hi guys, I know this is a stupid question but was just wondering if any1 with a similar car 2 mine, mk2 zetec, knows if it came with an alarm as standard? When I lock it I press the key fob thingy and the lights come on 2 say its locked however it doesn't beep or anything so was just wondering if that means there is no alarm? Part of me wants 2 give it a good rocking 2 find out but thought I'd try on here first! lol
[/quote]

if you have double locking press the lock button twice it will double lock if it has the alarm its usually activated in double lock mode and the indicators will flash twice or three times to say the alarms on though from checking the spec sheet for the zetec perimeter alarm was 150 quid extra youll have 2 small sesnors at the top of the a pillar at the windscreen for the alarm it only came with remote locking and immobiliser as standard still ford are one of the very few who dont give alarms as standars with therer cars
Gazjs
Now i am wondering if i have an alarm :lol:
What is the easiest way to set one off? Apart from damaging :lol:
artscot79
[quote name='Gazjs' date='05 May 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1273063502' post='80797']
Now i am wondering if i have an alarm [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img]
What is the easiest way to set one off? Apart from damaging [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img]
[/quote]

leave a window open and lock the car up wait 30 seconds and stick youre arm in the car if its alarmed it will go off as with all fords it was an option on all but zetec and zetec s so i would doubt it youll know by wether there are sensors on the a pillar
Amie07
Aaah that makes sense, my old fiesta used to have a flashing light inside and a sensor thing the ka doesnt so i guess that means no alarm. Dont think anyone ever pays any attention to them anyway tho so not 2 worry. The old one used to randomly go off, particularly if there was any frost so atleast dont have 2 worry about that! :)
artscot79
[quote name='Amie07' date='05 May 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1273078715' post='80838']
Aaah that makes sense, my old fiesta used to have a flashing light inside and a sensor thing the ka doesnt so i guess that means no alarm. Dont think anyone ever pays any attention to them anyway tho so not 2 worry. The old one used to randomly go off, particularly if there was any frost so atleast dont have 2 worry about that! [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]

the immobiliser system on fords is pretty good anyway and to be honest when did an alarm stop anyone smashing the window to nick summat? my old vw had a heck of an alarm on it but didnt stiop some twit smashing it in a public car park with people ariound on a busy day people heard the alarm but ignored it so whats the point really

Full Colour Version: Stupid Question Re Alarms
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.