Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Racing During Gear Change
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Hogweed
Hi folks thanks for providing this forum. I've just bought a 2002 Focus 1.8 turbo diesel (Duratech) and, after a BMW M3 believe it or not, I really like it :D

But when I change gear, the engine races briefly before dying just to be clear, I accelerate up to 2000 or 3000 or so, and as I lift the throttle and depress the clutch, it's as if Id left my foot on the throttle briefly, as the engine does a little rev. Then it dies in time for me to let the clutch out again. All very quick, but very noticeable and moderately annoying.

I'm just wondering if this is a known issue, or if you think there's something wrong with mine? Occasionally it's hard to start when cold, if that might be relevant.

Any help much appreciated.
Knight Focus
I noticed this when I changed to my Focus from a Renault Scenic. It was just a case of adapting clutching technique. Lift off the accelerator slightly earlier than you normally would before depressing the clutch.

Mine's a 1.8 petrol and that works for me.

Mike

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615