Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Park Dent Removal
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
top banana
Hi

Well had my car for over 3 months now and as had to get large items shopping yesterday went to local retail park.
BIG MISTAKE!!

Noticed upon arriving home 2 car park dents down one side, 1 is hardly noticable but the one on the front wing, just above the wheel arch lip, is approx 1 inch vertical. No paint chip / crack just a 2mm 'dink'.

Polished the mark out just need to remove this dent. Any ideas as to DIY?
Misses will go spare as will get the usual, why spend 60 for it only to happen again!!!!!

Any advise cheers.....

Oh, last time I take it shopping now!!
hawker
It depends on the dent, but SOME can be "pulled" out using a hair dryer and a aerosol can of air (air dusters)
[url="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/501379/remove_car_dent_with_airduster/"]Example[/url]

worth a go first. wont do any harm

Otherwise it will need the panel pulled or pushed out.
catch
[quote name='hawker' date='04 May 2010 - 09:38 AM' timestamp='1272961683' post='80611']
It depends on the dent, but SOME can be "pulled" out using a hair dryer and a aerosol can of air (air dusters)
[url="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/501379/remove_car_dent_with_airduster/"]Example[/url]

worth a go first. wont do any harm

Otherwise it will need the panel pulled or pushed out.
[/quote]

that's good to know

When I had a pub I used to use dry ice to remove chewing gum from the carpets........bloody morons some people, mind you I guess it could be walked in from outside.
hawker
[quote name='catch' date='04 May 2010 - 09:18 AM' timestamp='1272964125' post='80616']
that's good to know

When I had a pub I used to use dry ice to remove chewing gum from the carpets........bloody morons some people, mind you I guess it could be walked in from outside.
[/quote]

some, but mostly just spat out I expect. :angry:
WD40 can also shift gum too catch.
I had a big blob on a brand new set of mats in my other car - I wasn't impressed at all! :angry: got rid of most of it by hand (yuk!) then WD40'd the last stubborn remnants.

Another car mat tip, if you have black mats and they are starting to look grubby even after cleaning (eg. some grey or even white patches) then you can get them back nice and black by spraying a [b][i]light[/i][/b] coating of matt black paint from a can. Comes up a treat.

Full Colour Version: Car Park Dent Removal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615