Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oxygen Sensor Replacement & Wheel Issue
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
Shanks
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago the engine warning light appeared in front of me, the car is running and sounding fine - I was told that the lower oxygen sensor needed replacing, however the Ford garage wanted 190 to do this, an amount I simply cannot afford to pay right now. I have a friend of a friend who said he'll replace it for me, however I'll need to get the part.

Does any one have any suggestions and advice regarding this at all - where I can get a cheap part from etc?

Additionally, I need to replace my passenger side front wheel after hitting a pothole and losing pressure in it. I have a wheel, however cannot get the old wheel off. I loosen the nuts, jack the car up and take the nuts off fully, however the wheel will not budge - any ideas?

Thanks!
mintalkin
you could try here for the sensor
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/Car-Parts

with the wheel if you remove all the nuts and then try a sharp blow with a rubber mallet on the rear of the wheel hopefully it will shock off.
Shanks
[quote name='mintalkin' date='04 May 2010 - 03:36 PM' timestamp='1272986798' post='80656']
you could try here for the sensor
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/Car-Parts

with the wheel if you remove all the nuts and then try a sharp blow with a rubber mallet on the rear of the wheel hopefully it will shock off.
[/quote]

Thanks very much.

Although I am trying to shock the wheel of with a copper mallet at the minute - to little avail, still doesn't budge.
artscot79
[quote name='Shanks' date='05 May 2010 - 10:51 AM' timestamp='1273052478' post='80769']
Thanks very much.

Although I am trying to shock the wheel of with a copper mallet at the minute - to little avail, still doesn't budge.
[/quote]

wheel sounds ceased on you have to be careful doing this with it jacked up sit down on the ground and use youre foot to give it a whack from behind the wheel it will be a nightmare to get off but it should go alternating between the two ideas when off clean the rust up and then before replacing the wheel apply copper grease where the wheel touches the hub and on the bolts this will stop it ceasing in the future ide advise doing all the wheels

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.