Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine mods
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
Slannman
iv got a 1.3i 60hp engine can anyone help as to anything i can do to get some increase in power, thanks
vinnyvangough
Full service, air filter, exhaust. Just the basics really to make it breathe a little easier.
jen jen
[color="#483D8B"][font="Garamond"]Hi, I own a sport ka and was thinking about putting a bigger engine in it.
Does anyone know what the best engine would be? Or another alternitive to give it more power?
Thanks, Jenn x[/font][/color]
vinnyvangough
I think the 1.7 puma engine is a popular conversion.
jen jen
[color="#483D8B"][font="Garamond"]I was thinking about that, especially when i had my old ka millenium but in your view would it be worth the money to go from a 1.6 to 1.7? And would it show a big improvement? thanks again x[/font][/color]
vinnyvangough
Dunno really. Depends how crazy you wanna go. There's a few with Cossie conversions, or you could go 2 litre zetec but dunno how easy that would be. RS Turbo could be another option????
Wellz
1.8 - 2.0 black and silvertop both fit in the ka, cnc mounts are also available. 1.7 also fits and so does the 16v 1.6 lump out of the mk5 zetec-s fiesta which can be tuned to about 210 but shawspeed :)

So loads of option all depends on your budget :)

Oh forgot about the 1. cvh rs turbo lump and zvh's :)
Rikos
It does seem alot of work and cost for a KA though! Why not just buy an ST170 or a new ST? You'll probably spend just as much converting it and insurance anyway!

Jen change your font!! :P
simon humphreys
[quote name='Slannman' post='2814' date='Aug 14 2008, 03:46 PM']iv got a 1.3i 60hp engine can anyone help as to anything i can do to get some increase in power, thanks[/quote]
ive got a 1.6 sport ka im putting a puma 1.7 16v and put a turbo kit on it. But i went silverstone and saw a 1.3 turbo. really quick!!
simon humphreys
[quote name='jen jen' post='3675' date='Sep 10 2008, 11:16 PM'][color="#483D8B"][font="Garamond"]Hi, I own a sport ka and was thinking about putting a bigger engine in it.
Does anyone know what the best engine would be? Or another alternitive to give it more power?
Thanks, Jenn x[/font][/color][/quote]

Hi, ive got a sport im putting a 1.7 16v puma engine then doing a turbo conversion, one option!!
simon humphreys
[quote name='jen jen' post='3675' date='Sep 10 2008, 11:16 PM'][color="#483D8B"][font="Garamond"]Hi, I own a sport ka and was thinking about putting a bigger engine in it.
Thanks, Jenn x[/font][/color][/quote]

Hi, ive got a sport im putting a 1.7 16v puma engine then doing a turbo conversion, one option!!
matty boi
[quote name='simon humphreys' post='6690' date='Oct 25 2008, 08:47 PM']Hi, ive got a sport im putting a 1.7 16v puma engine then doing a turbo conversion, one option!![/quote]

i love the look of your lights mate, where did you get them ive been looking for mods for the ka sport but cant find anything wouldnt mind a silicone hose kit but have been told id have to pay for 6 batches just to get 1 :s
eurofordka
[quote name='matty boi' post='7957' date='Dec 1 2008, 03:23 PM']i love the look of your lights mate, where did you get them ive been looking for mods for the ka sport but cant find anything wouldnt mind a silicone hose kit but have been told id have to pay for 6 batches just to get 1 :s[/quote]

if your after samco hoses then visit your neares samco plant machinary shop and you can buy it in meters dont no how much tho hope it helps

Full Colour Version: engine mods
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.