Hi all, this will be my 1st post as I have only recently purchased a used S-Max. Bought a 2007, 1.8 diesel, 125bhp Zetec and from day I have had nothing but trouble. EGR valve needed replacing, 2x turbo gasket seal, Brake line from vacume pump failed causing loss of breaks. 5 times the car has been returned in 2 months for warranty work and I am still not happy. Just had the car returned to me after being given the use of an identical model S-Max but one that is 18 months youger. Both cars have the same mileage of 29k but the loan car was averaging 46mpg while mine is lucky to get 36mpg. I explained this to the stealer manager who took mine for a 40 mile trip and averaged 36mpg and who commented that the engine noise was louder than the loaner. I explained that mine does sound like a tractor below 1800 rpm and he passed this off by saying that mine is 18 month older than the other. I have been given an extension of the remaining warranty though warranty direct but I can't beleive that there should be so much difference between the 2 cars even thoe the one is 18 months younger. The car did not sound like it does now when I first picked it up but then I did not have much time to drive it as it was returned to the stealer within the 1st week.
I am hoping that there might be someone who can tell me that there was a design change between an 07 plate and a 58 plate S-max but even then I can't beleive that I can only manage 36mpg and the car sound so bad when in low revs. I am starting to think that I will need to force the main stealer to take the car back and return my money.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks