Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Steering Centre Rattle
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Pauley
Hey all. Great website. Have a problem that is very frustrating. Have a 05 Focus 1.6 petrol zetec. The centre piece in the steering wheel which contains airbag and horn makes a rattling noise when driving but stops if i put my hand lightly on the centre. Any answers? Can i remove the centre piece to have a look? Any answers would be much appreciated.
stef123
[quote name='Pauley' date='10 May 2010 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1273522711' post='81550']
Hey all. Great website. Have a problem that is very frustrating. Have a 05 Focus 1.6 petrol zetec. The centre piece in the steering wheel which contains airbag and horn makes a rattling noise when driving but stops if i put my hand lightly on the centre. Any answers? Can i remove the centre piece to have a look? Any answers would be much appreciated.
[/quote]

its held on with 2 screw that go through from the back of the steering wheel, IIRC 5.5mm hex heads. its then a case of pulling the airbag off. but if you do intend doing this please disconnect the battery and allow the car to sit for 15-20 mins to discharge the system completely as the last thing you want is an airbag going off.
Pauley
[quote name='stef123' date='10 May 2010 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1273523134' post='81553']
its held on with 2 screw that go through from the back of the steering wheel, IIRC 5.5mm hex heads. its then a case of pulling the airbag off. but if you do intend doing this please disconnect the battery and allow the car to sit for 15-20 mins to discharge the system completely as the last thing you want is an airbag going off.
[/quote]
Thanks a million. Must give that a go now!!!

Full Colour Version: Focus Steering Centre Rattle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.