Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Leak
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
stayfocused
Hi all,

Has anyone had a problem with their ford focus each time they fill it up, it leaks from the breather pipe.

Call supply photo
artscot79
[quote name='stayfocused' date='13 May 2010 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1273778158' post='81892']
Hi all,

Has anyone had a problem with their ford focus each time they fill it up, it leaks from the breather pipe.

Call supply photo
[/quote]

ill assume if its leaking you have overfilled it?
stef123
are you sure its the breather and not the filler pipe? the filler pipes are crap for leaking
mnevis
[quote name='stef123' date='14 May 2010 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1273793257' post='81910']
are you sure its the breather and not the filler pipe? the filler pipes are crap for leaking
[/quote]

I have the same problem with my 1998 1.8 petrol 5-door Zetec Focus, the breather pipe has been replaced. What is the solution to the filler pipes leaking? What needs replacing? Is it a difficult job? What has to be removed to get at the pipes? Can you gain access from the boot? If it is a common problem how come there is hardly any information on here about it?
mnevis
[quote name='stef123' date='14 May 2010 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1273793257' post='81910']
[/quote]

To add to the above, are the filler pipes made of metal or rubber?
Mr R.E.Tard
My Mk1 1.8 Zetec fuel filler pipe has corroded fru and is leaking. what is involved in replacing the pipe. does the back axle need to be removed to fit it? any ideas any body?
dezwez
[quote name='mnevis' timestamp='1279119983' post='88335']
To add to the above, are the filler pipes made of metal or rubber?
[/quote]
plastic :)
Mr R.E.Tard
metal

Full Colour Version: Fuel Leak
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.