Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plastic Footwell Trim?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
cressws1
Strange question but there is a small rectangle of footwell carpet missing on my mk1 focus. Has been there since i bought it and is easily covered up with mats but i was wondering why its there. Ive seen on some cars there is a small piece of plastic on the footwell (used for access or something maybe?). If theres supposed to be one there il buy one.
artscot79
[quote name='cressws1' date='15 May 2010 - 08:30 AM' timestamp='1273908031' post='81989']
Strange question but there is a small rectangle of footwell carpet missing on my mk1 focus. Has been there since i bought it and is easily covered up with mats but i was wondering why its there. Ive seen on some cars there is a small piece of plastic on the footwell (used for access or something maybe?). If theres supposed to be one there il buy one.
[/quote]

were talking about the drivers side near the door then if you look at the floor under that missing bit youll see the vin number thats all it is acess to the interior vin number its just a small piece of plastic that slips into it youll get one from a breakers no problem mate
cressws1
Think we're on about the same part, Is there a name for it?
artscot79
[quote name='cressws1' date='15 May 2010 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1273917915' post='82000']
Think we're on about the same part, Is there a name for it?
[/quote]

ye same part ive no idea to be honest what the name of it would be a vin cover plate as a guess sure ford parts would know what it is
andy_1984
handy that little plastic thing for re adjusting the carpets that came loose near the doors, it grips like mad :D

Full Colour Version: Plastic Footwell Trim?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.