Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus 1.8 03 Model Gearboxes
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
tonymp3
hello, i use to own a focus 1.8 mp3 2003 and i had problems with the gearbox, my local ford garage said it was the input shaft bearing, and im looking to get another focus but its the 2.0 zetec, do they use the same gearbox as the 1.8 also is there usually a problem with these gearboxes or not

thanks

tony
artscot79
[quote name='tonymp3' date='15 May 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1273958263' post='82046']
hello, i use to own a focus 1.8 mp3 2003 and i had problems with the gearbox, my local ford garage said it was the input shaft bearing, and im looking to get another focus but its the 2.0 zetec, do they use the same gearbox as the 1.8 also is there usually a problem with these gearboxes or not

thanks

tony
[/quote]

any car can have a problem with the input shaft bearing as its a bearing it will on all cars eventually need replaced some cars go for 10-15 years and not need it done some need it done after 6-10 years theres no way to know or predict it personally i wouldnt buy the 2.0 litre other than the fact you get hammered for tax the mpg isnt greeat and theres not much in the way of extyra performance over the 1.8

Full Colour Version: Focus 1.8 03 Model Gearboxes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615