Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Tyres
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
nat3wills
I have a focus is it 3 years old in June. I had a blow out last August as the tyres had worn down the inner rim of the tyre and not on the outside. I went to a garage last week 9 months on and the same thing has happened again. Not a blow out this time but the inner rim of the tyre has worn down again on both front tyres. I do an average of about 12,000 miles a year on mostly motorway. I went today and Ford say there is nothing wrong with the steering/ balance or the tracking. Has anyone else had this and have you got any suggestion as to what I can do further to solve the problem.
dfoord
[quote name='nat3wills' date='17 May 2010 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1274100429' post='82218']
I have a focus is it 3 years old in June. I had a blow out last August as the tyres had worn down the inner rim of the tyre and not on the outside. I went to a garage last week 9 months on and the same thing has happened again. Not a blow out this time but the inner rim of the tyre has worn down again on both front tyres. I do an average of about 12,000 miles a year on mostly motorway. I went today and Ford say there is nothing wrong with the steering/ balance or the tracking. Has anyone else had this and have you got any suggestion as to what I can do further to solve the problem.
[/quote]

Speed bumps it can happen if you drive over speed bumps keeping the bump in the middle the inside edge of the tyre can rub on them
mintalkin
i would get the tracking checked again by an independent., if you can, get it four wheel aligned.

Full Colour Version: Focus Tyres
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.