Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiesta Track Project
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
fezfinatic
I have a Fiesta that I am going on the track with in 3 months the only problem is that I have a limited budget I have already got a K&N air filter on it already but I need to do more so has anyone got any suggestions on what I should buy for it???
BHort
[quote name='fezfinatic' date='19 May 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1274290679' post='82520']
I have a Fiesta that I am going on the track with in 3 months the only problem is that I have a limited budget I have already got a K&N air filter on it already but I need to do more so has anyone got any suggestions on what I should buy for it???
[/quote]

Low profiles perhaps & some new springs - maybe a de-cat if its a track car or a sport high flow cat if you intend to use it on the road too (you probably wont pass an mot without a cat)- Some struts + a roll cage for sure (you can get them quite cheap). After that, the list goes on, and on of little things that will improve your performance - an ECU remap might be a good idea too.
fezfinatic
well it's still got to be a daily run around so I don't want it to be massively wearing to drive but I was thinking of suspension next to get some stiffness in the chassis and then possibly a cat back
BHort
[quote name='fezfinatic' date='19 May 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1274301464' post='82566']
well it's still got to be a daily run around so I don't want it to be massively wearing to drive but I was thinking of suspension next to get some stiffness in the chassis and then possibly a cat back
[/quote]

Sounds like a plan to me. Your never going to have a rocket in a strait line, but getting it stiffened up a bit will definitely help you claw back the time in the corners, after all, ford's have always had great handling! (bar the old mkIII 'tina) :P
P.S. some new stiffer anti roll bars work magic.
fezfinatic
yeah I love Fords for their handling because I can keep up with most cars threw corners :D I just want to team a slight bit of power with it and get some track experience

Full Colour Version: Fiesta Track Project
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615