Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing Central Locking!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
BHort
One of the few quibbles I have with my car is the fact that as the ultra-base model KA, I have 1. no rev counter & 2. no central locking. With irritating quibble 1. on the way to being solved, I have turned my mind to the issue of a lack of no central locking.

After installing a new head unit and speakers (as well as running speaker cabling under my carpet to the boot for a pair of alpines in my shelf), I noticed the KA has a cable operated locking system. I know from past experience (although a poor one), that remote-central-locking kits exist for cars with cable operated locking systems, and was wondering if this could be a solution to my problem. However I was also wondering if I could nip to a breakers and perhaps grab the servos and wiring from there to fit them to my car (although admittedly I'd have to play electrician, not that its a problem).

This leads me to the point. Does anyone have any experience with the electronic central locking available in the KA, and if so what would you suggest?

Any help and suggestions are appreciated

Cheers
Carly Sears
i have attempted to install remote central locking on to my ford KA this weekend with friend that is very clued up about cars. We started by both doors working normally but now after installing this kit i am faced with having to buy new door cables. I would certianly look into the kit that you would buy as i bought this kit from eBay i am now having loads of problems. I just dont want you to make the same mistake that i did i should have maybe got a price for a OE kit to fit.

Full Colour Version: Installing Central Locking!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.